Delta faucet help

/ Delta faucet help #11  
So its been a project to get this dam delta faucet working right and it still isnt right.

So im throwing it out there.

I put a new delta faucet on the sink last fall. Pull out handle kind...

The issue is, it wont mix hot/cold right. You can take the knob off and turn the stupid little hot water limit switch left (more hot please) but there is virtually no range of "mixed" water.

with 30 deg of angle left and right for full hot to full cold. You would think that half way to the left (15 deg) would give me half warm water....

no so much.

infact there is only a tinny area right in the middle of the faucet that you can get something other than ice cold or HOT water out of. Even the tinnest moments to the right give you COLD water, and to the left give you HOT water.

Any plumbers out there? can you "adjust" the mixing mechanism? Something isnt right thats for shure.

schmism, By reading your post above, you have only removed handle, correct?. To make sure you might not have trash in the hot inlet side of faucet or stuck inside the s.s. ball.

You will have to shut off hot & cold water valves under sink & remove the handle, large cap nut and the whole assembly will come out, as always, pay attention to order of things, not really that many.

Also make sure you have strainers in sink drain and disposal stopper if so equipped in case any parts drop in. grab stem and pull out, check s.s. openings to make sure all our open.

If their clear, with light, look at where hot water inlet opening comes into bottom of valve body for trash, there are 2 rubber seats and springs in there, remove both for next step. If you can, cup handle over valve body and reach under and slowly turn on hot water stop.

If your not a contortionist, seek an assistant, don't turn wide open just enough to check for flow and flush out line, a pan or cup upside down will work also. Replace springs pyramid up, and seats, reassemble and test.

Let us know. Forget to ask, do you have diamond seal as this is a different procedure.

Last edited:
   / Delta faucet help #12  
Good advice Damifino.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I received the same advice when I picked up a kit from a supply store. Just to add to it I was told to shake the cartridge and if it rattled it was good to put the kit in. No rattle and replace cartridge.

For Life Time Warrenty replacement here one has to go to the manufacturer which will probably take a month or more. Kit cost something like $2.85.

Unable to find a number the parts fellow easilly recognized a picture of the well outdated valve.:thumbsup:

/ Delta faucet help #13  
For Life Time Warrenty replacement here one has to go to the manufacturer which will probably take a month or more. Kit cost something like $2.85.

In my experience, it's usually a couple of days to a week until I get the replacement parts.

Eddie

/ Delta faucet help #14  
In my experience, it's usually a couple of days to a week until I get the replacement parts./QUOTE]

You have to remember It's Dog Sled in Winter and Canoe or Ox Cart come summer.:D