New Dairy

/ New Dairy #1  

pilot-werx

Gold Member
As a member of the board and a long time lurker, I was wondering if there is anyone who would be interested in the construction of our new dairy? We outgrew our current place ten years ago and have finally taken the plunge into creating what we think will be the most efficient dairy in north america... Although everyone said it would not be possible, I started with no power, no city water, no city sewer, and 40 acres of trees. Now that the building is going up, the skeptics are in awe of what we have done....

Would it be worth something to someone to try to document this?

/ New Dairy #3  
I don't see why not, Everybody likes a good story.
Hey 300UGUY, I'm in Fowlerville.

/ New Dairy #4  
I don't see why not, Everybody likes a good story.
Hey 300UGUY, I'm in Fowlerville.

Wow!! I am in the ville most days. I live in Cohoctah township, but I am in the ville's school district. I belong to the Masonic lodge & St Agnes church. I go to the Olden Days cafe quite often.

/ New Dairy #7  
Anxiously waiting for pics!!! ;)

/ New Dairy #8  
I for one would love to see it. My wife is in love with her goats(probably more than she is with me) and anything I do to keep her happy keeps me in tractors and tools without question. bring on the pictures.

/ New Dairy #9  
If remember correct you have 40 acres. Are you building for holstein or gernsey Petagreed or commercial type cattle .
Going to purchase the feed or home grown takes a lot of acreage.
What type of building and milking parlor. tye stall or dual 6 or 10 stations. But then the newest is the auto milkers hard to get financing for the quarter millon each .
Helped build a couple of new dairy barns one was for 1200 commercial cows could not get enough workers to fill the barn only able to get 800 and not paying the feed bill then bank wanted there money back. lot of tears at the disposal sale.
The other was for 80 head tye stall with water cooled filter to keep the temp low in the summer. Going on 7 years and the feed bill has become the biggest problem exceeds the milk price. Has all the hay but grain prices are forcing the barn to close. Sale will be the 15th of March. Banker wants his money back.
Don't want to be negitave but have attended dairy sales this past year all because of the ecomony down turn and cost of feed.
Would like to see the pics. of your new barn building. and milkinmg equiptment.
If need to buy more cattle know where a herd of 250 head is going for bit over beef prices.
All 3 to 5 generation excellant.
ken

/ New Dairy #10  
YES ... Pictures Please !!