Roll over tractor project

/ Roll over tractor project #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Background- I'm a retired Extension agent, had responsibilities in farm safety. For the last 18-20 years we have used a "rollover tractor" as part of our safety demos, primarly with high school ag groups and some farm groups. The old tractor is a Ford 801 workmaster, with a frame to protect the body. We roll it one time with the rollbar, one without, and let everyone see what happens to the "dummy". Very visual, very violent. The problem is the tractor gets rolled 6-12 times/year--for the last 18 years. The poor old tractor is coming apart at the seams. To continue the program we need a "new" tractor". Something similar in size to the 801 seems to work well, we can transport, tow, turn back up right with the research farm equipment. The tractor does not need to run. In fact, we have drained all fluids, removed oil pan and radiator. Located in Ashe County, NC- Jefferson, just north of Boone, on the VA/TN/NC line. If you know of any "junked " tractor of this size that still looks semi-decent that could be donated (Tax deductible) or purchaced at a very reasonable price with in 150-200 miles we would be very interested. I am still involved with the safety days as a volunteer and would probably be the one to retreive the new "victim". Contact Charles_Young@ncsu.edu

/ Roll over tractor project #2  
Background- I'm a retired Extension agent, had responsibilities in farm safety. For the last 18-20 years we have used a "rollover tractor" as part of our safety demos, primarly with high school ag groups and some farm groups. The old tractor is a Ford 801 workmaster, with a frame to protect the body. We roll it one time with the rollbar, one without, and let everyone see what happens to the "dummy". Very visual, very violent. The problem is the tractor gets rolled 6-12 times/year--for the last 18 years. The poor old tractor is coming apart at the seams. To continue the program we need a "new" tractor". Something similar in size to the 801 seems to work well, we can transport, tow, turn back up right with the research farm equipment. The tractor does not need to run. In fact, we have drained all fluids, removed oil pan and radiator. Located in Ashe County, NC- Jefferson, just north of Boone, on the VA/TN/NC line. If you know of any "junked " tractor of this size that still looks semi-decent that could be donated (Tax deductible) or purchaced at a very reasonable price with in 150-200 miles we would be very interested. I am still involved with the safety days as a volunteer and would probably be the one to retreive the new "victim". Contact Charles_Young@ncsu.edu

That tractor you have sounds like a good, clean, one owner vehicle. It sounds like the old subaru station wagon we keep at the fire station for the water rescue training. That poor car has been sunk to the bottom of the lake a dozen times each year for a dozen years or more.

I have an old broke down tractor that would probably work well for you, but I'm too far away. There are a lot of good folks here. Someone will likely be able to help you out.

/ Roll over tractor project #3  
I can not be of any assistance in regards to your request, but hopefully someone will be able to help you. I do want to compliment you concerning your effort to demonstrate Safety measures associated with agricultural Tractors. :thumbsup: