Ranchito clean up

/ Ranchito clean up #1  

Traxx

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Well, I closed on my Ranchito in Dec 11 and have been cleaning up since. Here is where it started.

/ Ranchito clean up #2  
Ranchito?
So where is the spinach dip? put the beer on ice....lets get this party started....

Sorry, I've never heard the term Ranchito. I'm guessing it has something to do with ranch and real estate.
Although it sounds like something that would substitute for Ruffles or Fritos.

Anyway, looks like you have a project there...good luck with that and thanks for allowing me to see my first ranchito.

/ Ranchito clean up
As you can see it needs work, which is fine. The power and water are already in place and it has a septic system. The trailer, out buildings and fencing are going to be removed. I have had my tractor less than a month and what a force multiplier. The only problem is that it is a 90mile driveway to driveway trip. With the cost of diesel :mad:

It took a day and a half to fill the first 30yd dumpster, so I was at a stand still till the driveway dried out enough to change it out. So of course the drive needs work, I did a few passes over it with the box blade to break it up and smooth it out getting ready for a new culvert and a lot of gravel.

Also started work on clearing the Mesquite out of the basket ball court, it really sucks to be a basketball out there. I started with a brush grubber to pull them up, but after getting eat up by the thorns I started topping the bushes.

/ Ranchito clean up
Ranchito?
So where is the spinach dip? put the beer on ice....lets get this party started....

Sorry, I've never heard the term Ranchito. I'm guessing it has something to do with ranch and real estate.
Although it sounds like something that would substitute for Ruffles or Fritos.

Anyway, looks like you have a project there...good luck with that and thanks for allowing me to see my first ranchito.

Ranchito is what my Lovely Bride calls it. In my home we constantly mix the Mexican and Red Neck languages. It comes out to be "little ranch". That is a little Texican lesson for today.

/ Ranchito clean up
My answer to the long drive, stay a few days.

Been running off of the generator since the Electric company condemed my power pole. I understood why when I cut the ratchet straps and it fell over.
Pix later on that.
But the peace and quiet, clean air.

I know I still have a LOT of work to do, but it is worth it. My goal now is to get it ready for the Wife and kiddos to come out and spend spring break out there.

/ Ranchito clean up #6  
Looks like you got yourself a beautiful piece of ground. What are your plans for the Ranchito?

/ Ranchito clean up
We are going to move out there in a couple of years. Until then, it will be a weekend, holiday, spare time place.

/ Ranchito clean up #8  
The term "ranchito" is a common reference in the Southwest. Especially in the Hill Country of Texas.

/ Ranchito clean up #9  
Looks like a great project! Lots of work to do too. How many acres is your property? I presume you will be building a home there in the future? Just curious but when you move out there, will be commuting back & forth that 90 miles??

/ Ranchito clean up
I have 27acres here. We will be building a home hopefully in the next 2years. My commute should get shorter since I work on a drilling rig offshore.