How long would you search for tool

/ How long would you search for tool #31  
I usually search until I find an alternative.

However, I have had some great finds over the years! Wife lost a gold necklace during a snow blizzard. Found it eight months later while mowing grass, undamaged. Find a Stainless Steel revolver in the bottom of a boat, that looked like junk for sure. Now all cleaned up and regripped has become a family heirloom. I found two sets of lost keys, while I was cleaning out a truck I just sold!

But my marbles? I lose them all the time. Haven't found a one yet!

Eddie, I know where your dad's gun is! :laughing:

/ How long would you search for tool #32  
I think I usually find things within a week or so of buying the replacement part.
I usually find mine after buying a new one and then saying where should I put this and then there is the other one. I have a lot of duplicates because I built my shop in Bismarck and bought my tractor to keep there while I was still in Houston living so I took some tools up to keep in my shop but I also needed some at home so I got some for there and after a couple of years, I ended up with 2 of lots of things and then there is the "lost tool" that has replacements. What with having 2 tractors and a RTV that I use to do lots of work, I have little stuff like crescent wrenches, screwdrivers and hammers in all three, plus I have a tool chest in the garage at my house with a few basics so I don't have to walk way out to my shop for a screwdriver or wrench so I may have half a dozen each channel locks and fit all wrenches, but my "TOOL BOX" is in the shop and I keep it organized other wise I couldn't find anything. I try to put a tool back as soon as I finish with it and usually need it again a few minutes after I put it up but at least I know where to find it. The stuff you use all the time is easy to find, but seldom used stuff gets pretty iffy and sometimes takes a while.

/ How long would you search for tool #33  
I typically will give it 10-15 minutes......then I go into clean, organize and search mode at the same time, I'll be organizing while looking......if I don't find what I'm looking for I at least feel good about finding 20 other things that were out of place

Then go to hardware store and purchase another.....:ashamed:

/ How long would you search for tool #34  
My philosophy is, whenever I lose something, when I eventually find it, put it the first place I looked for it last time.

/ How long would you search for tool #35  
I had a hack saw that went missing for a couple of years. I had a few cheaper ones to use. Every month or so I would tear apart the house and garage looking for it. I bought a replacement and it showed up the following week, At my brother in laws house where I left it during a water heater repair.

/ How long would you search for tool #36  
I usually find mine after buying a new one and then saying where should I put this and then there is the other one. ... then there is the "lost tool" that has replacements. What with having 2 tractors and a
plus I have a tool chest in the garage at my house with a few basics so I don't have to walk way out to my shop for a screwdriver or wrench so I may have half a dozen each channel locks and fit all wrenches, but my "TOOL BOX" is in the shop and I keep it organized other wise I couldn't find anything. ....

I have this same issue with GOOD JUNK that has been tossed out the week or day prior because the junk man was coming & tossed it out. Darn tooting I will NEED the GOOD JUNK that I tossed out withing days as i KNEW I tossed it out. If I figured I would be able to USE it i would not be able to FIND it again until AFTER I bought a replacement & put it into a GOOD SPOT so I would know where to FIND it the NEXT time I need it...
That is all ASSUMING I can remember WHAT I was doing when I get where I think I'm going to look for it... :eek:

Mark

/ How long would you search for tool #37  
I have found some intresting items along the way and the most exciting thing was one day i was checking my fence and i looked down the hill and i seen a rod sticking up out of the leaves,,it was my grand dad's digging bar that was used to build the fence with in the 60's. i cleaned it up and put it up. i loose my tools all the time my brother say's he could own all my tools just walking down the road and picking them up when they fall off of vehicle. im not quite that bad but i have lost several.

/ How long would you search for tool
Maybe Eddie Walker's dad was snooping around in your boat.

/ How long would you search for tool #39  
Oh! I forgot the time just a couple of years ago when I lost my wallet while plowing. I walked around the headlands just a bit on the very slim off chance that it might be there and by good golly it was! The only place it had a chance of being found and there it was! I was sure tickled to find it again! I also later lost a crowbar in the same field I was plowing and I didn't find it walking the field so the next week I took a metal detector from work with me and found it right way, buried of course. It took me longer to get the detector out of the case and set up and working than it did to find it!

/ How long would you search for tool #40  
For some reason whenever I'm searching for a tool (usually a specialty tool of some type)...even after my original search...other tools (or parts showing) start to resemble the one I'm looking for and it causes a rapid spike and plunge in the "joy factor"...