Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: How long would you search for tool

Yesterday my brother in law was asking about a tow chain that was missing. I though maybe I had picked it up as I have an identical one, but nope, all I had were mine. Later I was over at his place and he was still looking and said he couldn't find it any where. I asked if it was on his tractor, nope he had looked there. I then said, I saw you using it a few days ago dragging some trees with it tied on to the bush hog tail wheel. Go look sure enough, laying on the bush hog deck. He had unhooked from it a few days earlier to put on the fertilizer spreader and forgot about it. I was glad to help out. Sometimes you get too hung up looking for something where it "should be" rather that where it could be. I have found missing things FINALLY when working and something comes up missing and thought, how the heck did that get here. I couldn't even remember being there, but I had to have been in that place (wherever it was) because I laid down the "something" and left it there. What is really aggravating is loosing something while working on a work table and it seems to have completely disappeared and you KNOW that you have not left the table. Have to move every thing on the table, including the table to look underneath to find something that you just laid down but it's gone. Then find it laying almost in plain sight. ARGHHHH.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    ford and mahindra

One night a while back I got to looking for tv remote but couldn't find it anywhere. Under cushions, tumped chairs over but nowhere to be found. Then I went to get something out of the fridge and bingo there was the remote. Must have set it down to grab something and forgot about it.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Laugh at this theory if you want, but I find it helpful to concentrate on visualizing the object I am searching for. I think it sets a pattern up in your mind that you are trying to match while looking.

One of my better finds was a pair of eyeglasses that got whipped off my face by a branch while chainsawing. Of course, with no glasses everything is bit blurry and you don't want to find them by the crunching sound of stepping on them. Anyways, those glasses spent the winter in the woods and I found them the next spring. It probably helped that had new glasses by then
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    ford and mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    ...other tools (or parts showing) start to resemble the one I'm looking for and it causes a rapid spike and plunge in the "joy factor"...
    Was looking for a tip for oxy acetylene torch the other day and started "seeing" it in every drawer, box, and countertop.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

I'm SILL Looking to find my 10mm GearWrench that disappeared on me. I used it at a Junk Yard & KNOW the set was FULL when I left & pretty sure I had used it to install the part onto the truck that I needed from the junkyard. All that said it wasn't there AFTER I was done installing the parts onto the truck for sure SO I assumed it was just setting somewhere else. That was 3 months ago GRRRR still no gearwrench and I've attempted to BUY a NEW ONE a half dozen times at least and everywhere seems to always be out of 10mm wrenches So seems I'm not only one MISSING or BREAKING them.

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567