How long would you search for tool

/ How long would you search for tool #1  

robbyr

Elite Member
Tractor
ford and mahindra
How long would you search for a tool. Some folks are packrats and dont throw anything away. FIL was like that but most of the time even years later, if a tool or part was needed he knew where it was. I on the other hand wouldnt find it two weeks later. So how long will ya hunt before ya just go buy it?

/ How long would you search for tool #2  
If I have a tool then I'm like your FIL I know where it is! That is unless i was using it just a minuet ago and laid it down, then! :mad: It just got up and ran away on its own somewhere!! :mur:

/ How long would you search for tool #3  
I'm hoping my new barn will solve my "where the heck is my (fill-in the blank)? Right now I have an overloaded handi-house and two bay open pole car shed. In the past two weeks as I've been working on the barn, I found I have three corded drills, three battery pack drills, three battery chargers, three circular saws, three- well, you get the picture.

I guess I'm short-fused on searching. I blame it on my son moving stuff or taking it to his house, but know I'm just a knuckle head when it comes to organizing my stuff and staying with how I organized it. :ashamed:

/ How long would you search for tool #4  
This would depend upon how bad i need it and how expensive it is to buy said tool and where. I live a 1 hour round trip from a town with a lowes in it. The close town has a hardware store and a carquest parts store so i can buy about any handtool there, IF its before 6pm weekday or midday saturday! So my point if i have spent say 15mins looking for something and i cant find it and its a pair of vice grips and i have to have them i would probly just buy another set, but if its a set of deep impact sockets and i need a certain size i will probly look longer. Since i got a big toolbox from HF to keep my tools in one spot instead of all over the place this dosent happen as often anymore!!

/ How long would you search for tool
I think I usually find things within a week or so of buying the replacement part.

/ How long would you search for tool #6  
Ok, I searched for almost 2 hours for an oil filter for my JD135se mower yesterday. I knew I had bought one back in January but could not find it. I was searching for the nice little green/yellow box. So I went to Home Depot and bought another, but of course I checked out the generic Briggs and Stratton filter which was $4 cheaper than the JD filter in the nice green and yellow box. They looked like the same filter to me. And the engine in the JD is a Briggs of course. The packaging on the Briggs filter is blister pack hang card, not a box. So I came home and passed by the pegboard and there was my original filter hanging on the pegboard in plain sight. Oh well now I have one for next year.

James K0UA

/ How long would you search for tool #7  
If keys are a tool. When I find set of truck keys will be able to use it. been a week have searched eveywhere I have been since locking the truck . I know to keep a spare. can't find it either.
Tool box in bed is locked. cannot see them anywhere in pick up. looking through the windows.
Not really in a hurry to locate since the fuel prices is high. but the battery will rundown in time.
ken

/ How long would you search for tool #8  
Looking for my rivet gun a few years back and could not find it. Bought a new one and when putting it away placed it right on top of the one I had.:confused2::eek::laughing:

/ How long would you search for tool #9  
Working at a job site broke a 1/4th inch off tip of side cutters. at a grinding stone ground the pliers down to a decent point that could use about a week later after lunch saw the pliers in 2nd.floor landing directly below where I was working so picked them up. Didn't think any more about it. soon another employee was raising cain on first floor about some one a stealing his pliers. Will figured some one was messing with our tools so called him up asked where did he leave his pliers. Yep on 2nd floor landing right here. showed him my pliers and he said it was his. ground down tip and identical. so went to my tool box and got mine showed him could not tell which was which. Could of been a problem if I hadn't locaterd mine.
ken

/ How long would you search for tool #10  
Looking for my rivet gun a few years back and could not find it. Bought a new one and when putting it away placed it right on top of the one I had.:confused2::eek::laughing:

I think that is exactly why I end up with 3 and 4 of similar items :D cant remember where I put something until I have a similar one to put in to a safe spot where I will remember it being the next time I need it...

Mark