Setting pole barn post with backhoe on kubota

/ Setting pole barn post with backhoe on kubota #1  

Darrenone

Silver Member
Tractor
Kabota L3130
Hey, I am building a pole barn and the post are 16' pressure treated 6x6. I don't know how much they weigh but they are heavy. I dug the holes with the backhoe on my L3130 and set one post today by hand. That was very difficult as they are so heavy. Is there a good safe way to set post using my backhoe and a chain or strap? There has to be some easier way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have another thread going detailing my progress so far.

Darren

/ Setting pole barn post with backhoe on kubota #2  
Hey, I am building a pole barn and the post are 16' pressure treated 6x6. I don't know how much they weigh but they are heavy. I dug the holes with the backhoe on my L3130 and set one post today by hand. That was very difficult as they are so heavy. Is there a good safe way to set post using my backhoe and a chain or strap? There has to be some easier way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have another thread going detailing my progress so far.

Darren
I presume you want to set it in the hole you just dug. If it were me, I'd sling a chain or a strap well above the mid point and lift it with the backhoe boom. A helper would make it easy to guide one end into the hole as you raised the boom to help it slide in.

/ Setting pole barn post with backhoe on kubota
Thanks Jerry and yes, that is what I mean. I will have to give that a shot. Dang things are so heavy.