My Ford 4500 project

/ My Ford 4500 project #1  

ohbuckhunter

Tractor
ford 4500
I bought this tractor a little bit before Christmas this past year. When i bought it it needed a few things but fairly minor. The biggest thing was the head gasket but you fine folks helped me with a few of the ? i had getting it done. Well i got 90 % of te tractor the way i want it. Need my new seat to come in and get the rims painted or powder coated. This is what it looked like when i got it.
12466214.jpg

4908f0f0.jpg

This is what it looked like not after doing the head gasket and painting the motor and tractor. Motor is high heat black and the tractor is Ford Blue. Im going to redue the loader since I didnt use the correct paint and prep it good enough as well.
75981d12.jpg

9bfc2c5c.jpg

/ My Ford 4500 project #2  
Looks good, just wondering why you didn't keep it the original Industrial Yellow?

/ My Ford 4500 project #3  
Very good ! Nice to see another. I have the same vintage 4500 and I love it. Mine has a massy front end loader.

/ My Ford 4500 project #4  
I like the blue. I'm thinking my 3550 should turn blue. :D

/ My Ford 4500 project #5  
I see backhoe subframe. Do you have the backhoe?

Wedge

/ My Ford 4500 project #6  
looks good, color irrelevant!

/ My Ford 4500 project
I didn't paint it back yellow cause I hated it and everytime I looked at it I thought of case. Lol. So it got turned blue. Thanks for the kind comments.

/ My Ford 4500 project
wedge40 said:
I see backhoe subframe. Do you have the backhoe?

Wedge

I wish it had the backhoe. Guy down the road has one in the weeds that does t run. Won't come off it

/ My Ford 4500 project #9  
U have the rear fenders somewhere?

/ My Ford 4500 project #10  
Looks good, just wondering why you didn't keep it the original Industrial Yellow?

I was wondering the same thing.

But it still looks good in blue.

the black engine looks kinda neat too but I would paint the loader blue as well if I were you.

And yes, if you can find a BH, they are cake to put on. Just need to route some hydraulic lines.

And be carefull with that loader too. They were quite powerful. Those tractors were made to have a BH on the back. And without one, you need some serious weight to be able to use it to its full potential.

As for the fenders....Dads were rusted out too on his 4500. We didnt like the little half round ones anyway. So we made some big ole' square fenders like the old internationals. If you are handy and have a welder....They arent hard to make.

Also wondering if you have an actual bucket for the FEL???

Keep us posted on the progress:thumbsup: