Water tank

/ Water tank #1  

gcp

Silver Member
I recently purchased this 1200 plus litter tank but I don't know what was kept in it. I'd like to use it as a water tank collector to water the fields so I put chlorox in it and water to help clean it. Is there any other substance you'd recommend that would be more effective?

Container2.jpg

It also has this valve which I'd like to connect a water hose to, does anyone know from the looks of it what adapter I'll need? I plan to call the manufacturer in the next couple of days but thought I'd check here first.

Container4.jpg

Thank you,

/ Water tank #2  
Don't know about the cleanout, but that hose connection is a cam lock hose common in chemical plants. That end will need the cam lock with two "dog ears" that once you slide the hose over it, they'll be perpendicular to it sticking out and you pull them together (parallel to the hose) to lock the hose in place. Most have a ring on each dog ear that you can zip tie around the hose and through the rings to hold in place. Can't tell the size from the picture, but you may have to have a hose made to fit that end then adaptor to a regular garden hose depending on what you are trying to do with it. Maybe you'll luck up and find the right hose already in existence.

/ Water tank #4  
You did what I would have done, clorox and water to the top and let it sit awhile. I would get a hold of the manufacturer just to find out before I started using it.

/ Water tank #5  
Many of those have farm chemicals in them.

Amonnia is a lot better at nuetralizing & cleaning those out of the tank. There are also some granular products you can get at a farm supply store that will clean out farm chemicals.

I'd not rust any of that for drinking, but a couple flushes, one sitting over night, wouls be good enough for watering plants.

--->Paul

/ Water tank
Will do, thanks a bunch guys!!

/ Water tank
This morning I will empty out the cloroxed water and use Nutra-sol as a second cleaning agent. That should do the trick.

/ Water tank #8  
I am sure you are already aware of this, but do not mix ammonia and bleach it gives a very nasty result. If you are going to add ammonia make sure all the bleach is thoroughly flushed out.

/ Water tank
You are absolutely correct, no amonia and clorox mix, ever!

As a matter of fact I emptied out the clorox water to add the Nutra-sol, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. The Nutra-sol seems to be cleaning all the crud stains inside the tank, an added benifit to all this work! I'll let it seat for a week or two and then water the fields with this mixture.