Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

Default Re: Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundatio

Nice job, its fun to work with the kids!

Dave

Tractor
    Craftsman GT18, Ford 601 / FEL, Oliver 550 / FEL

Default Re: Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundatio

You're making good progress. Once you have it all closed in I have a sneaking suspicion you've got a pile of off-cuts and other burnables all ready to do a "test fire" in that neat little stove you scored earlier this year. When I built my "cave" last Fall, it sure was a treat to be able to turn the heater on as soon as I had the door(s) hung. I'm looking forward to seeing how you will fit that space out with equipment, tools, and workbench(s).
    I miss Paul Harvey News!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

More progress...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0032-1-jpg  
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor

I got all the wrapping done. Now I'm tinkering with doors. The used door I got for the upstairs is made for a 2 X 6 wall. I disassembled the frame and rip cut all the pieces on my table saw to fit my 2 X 4 wall. Then I put it all back together. I didn't plan ahead enough, and I need to get some flashing material for the doors and windows before I put them in.

The night view of the shop is pretty cool now that I have the wrap on. I have a work light in there for now to enable some night work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0480-jpg  
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Craftsman GT18, Ford 601 / FEL, Oliver 550 / FEL

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    I got all the wrapping done. Now I'm tinkering with doors. The used door I got for the upstairs is made for a 2 X 6 wall. I disassembled the frame and rip cut all the pieces on my table saw to fit my 2 X 4 wall. Then I put it all back together. I didn't plan ahead enough, and I need to get some flashing material for the doors and windows before I put them in.

The night view of the shop is pretty cool now that I have the wrap on. I have a work light in there for now to enable some night work.
    Like you said "pretty cool", and with the time change this week end you'll need that light to get anything done inside after getting home from work!
    I miss Paul Harvey News!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by NormL View Post
    ...and with the time change this week end you'll need that light to get anything done inside after getting home from work!
    Ain't that the truth!!

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

that house wrap will keep you cozy while you work on it after dark till the windows go in. I like the light effect . LOL

Tractor

I'm making baby steps again. I got one door installed tonight.

-image-269903413-jpg

Tractor

I made a door frame for the second door. Now I have to get it hung. Progress is really slow lately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-1349054573-jpg   -image-4035429423-jpg  

Tractor

A little more cost accounting... I spent another $100 dollars on window flashing materials, weather stripping, and the wood to build the door frame out of.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast