Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #251  
Nice job, its fun to work with the kids!

Dave

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #252  
You're making good progress. Once you have it all closed in I have a sneaking suspicion you've got a pile of off-cuts and other burnables all ready to do a "test fire" in that neat little stove you scored earlier this year.;) When I built my "cave" last Fall, it sure was a treat to be able to turn the heater on as soon as I had the door(s) hung.:snowflake::snowflake: I'm looking forward to seeing how you will fit that space out with equipment, tools, and workbench(s).

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation
More progress...

Attachments

• IMG_0032[1].jpg
    IMG_0032[1].jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 420
   / Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation
I got all the wrapping done. Now I'm tinkering with doors. The used door I got for the upstairs is made for a 2 X 6 wall. I disassembled the frame and rip cut all the pieces on my table saw to fit my 2 X 4 wall. Then I put it all back together. I didn't plan ahead enough, and I need to get some flashing material for the doors and windows before I put them in.

The night view of the shop is pretty cool now that I have the wrap on. I have a work light in there for now to enable some night work.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 261
   / Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #255  
I got all the wrapping done. Now I'm tinkering with doors. The used door I got for the upstairs is made for a 2 X 6 wall. I disassembled the frame and rip cut all the pieces on my table saw to fit my 2 X 4 wall. Then I put it all back together. I didn't plan ahead enough, and I need to get some flashing material for the doors and windows before I put them in.

The night view of the shop is pretty cool now that I have the wrap on. I have a work light in there for now to enable some night work.
Like you said "pretty cool", and with the time change this week end you'll need that light to get anything done inside after getting home from work!:laughing:

...and with the time change this week end you'll need that light to get anything done inside after getting home from work!:laughing:

Ain't that the truth!!

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #257  
that house wrap will keep you cozy while you work on it after dark till the windows go in.:thumbsup: I like the light effect . LOL

I'm making baby steps again. I got one door installed tonight.

image-269903413.jpg

I made a door frame for the second door. Now I have to get it hung. Progress is really slow lately.

Attachments

• image-1349054573.jpg
    image-1349054573.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 154
  • image-4035429423.jpg
    image-4035429423.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 184
A little more cost accounting... I spent another $100 dollars on window flashing materials, weather stripping, and the wood to build the door frame out of.