Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #321  
The siding looks nice, I think you made the right choice, for the window trim.

Did moving the Cub draw attention to the new building? Lol Good luck with the inspector.

Dave

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation
The siding looks nice, I think you made the right choice, for the window trim.

Did moving the Cub draw attention to the new building? Lol Good luck with the inspector.

Dave

I seriously wondered the same thing about whether moving the cub drew attention. I don't think so, though. Talking to the inspector, it sounds like he's noticed the build all along but never really had the cause to question the need for a permit. I think someone else in town asked a question about "Why can't I build something without a permit?" and that raised the flags.

It's good to know that my work is being noticed.

/ Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation
I have spent most of the evening working up the application for the building permit. As such I had to review all of my expenses since the inspection fees are a percentage of the total cost. To date I have just under $2,500 into the project. I still have some sheetrock to buy and copper line for compressed air, but I have most of the electrical stuff I'll need. I think I can finish up the project for $3,500 total.

Over a year of dormancy on this project and I am finally able to post some progress. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. There have just been some other priorities for the last year or so. I got the majority of the siding put up over the weekend. I have a few little pieces of fill and trim to finish, but now I am thinking seriously toward electrical.

Attachments

• Siding done.jpg
    Siding done.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 135
   / Root Cellar Remodel, Split Level Storage, Shop, Shed Pole Building on a Foundation #325  
Thanks for posting. I've been wondering about you and your project.

Thanks for posting. I've been wondering about you and your project.

The new job really changed my lifestyle. I love the work, but I have less time for extra activities like building a workshop and playing on the tractor.