Long road to home.

/ Long road to home.
Time for a rant.

When an aggregate supplier says Tuesday at the latest and I schedule rental equipment, inspector, concrete, and lumber based on that supplier's word.....

THEY BETTER SHOW.

I need to make a phone call in a.m.. Probably a good thing they're closed. Maybe a quite nights sleep will help. Was stressful day at work followed by 2 1/2 hour drive to get here.

End of rant.

Sorry.

/ Long road to home. #133  
Sorry to hear about the issues, I am sure you were ready to get some seat time. That's the bad thing about not being their all the time. Hopefully things will be better in the morning.

/ Long road to home. #134  
Time for a rant.

When an aggregate supplier says Tuesday at the latest and I schedule rental equipment, inspector, concrete, and lumber based on that supplier's word.....

THEY BETTER SHOW.

I need to make a phone call in a.m.. Probably a good thing they're closed. Maybe a quite nights sleep will help. Was stressful day at work followed by 2 1/2 hour drive to get here.

End of rant.

Sorry.

You've got every right to rant as I'd be pissed off too if I were in your shoes. I would hate to make a living being a construction scheduler.

/ Long road to home.
Well yesterday was a long day. Gravel showed up around 10:30 and the auger came around noon. I got all the holes done except for the four double holes last night. I got up at 5a.m. to finish them up. Inspector came and passed the holes this morning. Concrete is coming at noon for the footers.

I did get a couple pleasant surprises yesterday. The trusses were delivered, as were the Perma-Column posts.

Have lots of pictures on the two trail cameras, but no way to upload them. Our laptop is at home. I do have a couple I took with my phone for everyone though.

Corners squared and batter boards up.

ForumRunner_20130517_104500.png

Trusses being delivered by tractor trailer

ForumRunner_20130517_104518.png

Staging of materials

ForumRunner_20130517_104536.png

Close up of Perma-Column.

ForumRunner_20130517_104426.png

More to come......

/ Long road to home. #137  
I have been looking into the taller doors, and came across an opener called a Liftmaster 3800. Does anyone out there have one or know about them? Are they any better then the "i-Drive" openers that Wayne Dalton used to sell? I had a couple of those and they were horrendous to keep working, wound up removing them after 6 months. If they are any good that would remove the need for an additional 3" above the door to accommodate the opener rail. Would definitely like to hear from you guys on this.

Thanks

I have one, was put in last year on a 16x8 oh door, it's very quiet and we have had no issues.

/ Long road to home.
Got inspection of holes out of the way early this morning. Guy was happy and very good to work with. Signed off on the holes.

This afternoon my cousin and I poured the footers. I was originally going to use 80lb bags with my mixer. Found for same money I could get ready-mix in a conveyor truck.

I chose the latter. We were done in 30 minutes. Tomorrow we are setting the Perma-Columns.

ForumRunner_20130517_205500.png

/ Long road to home. #139  
Really would like to know your opinion of the perma-columns when it is all said and done...

/ Long road to home. #140  
Wow, that's great progress. I was surprised to see the perma-columns were shipped pre-assembled. Hadn't thought of that way. But that makes sense for pole positioning and labor saving.

Mixing and placing concrete is no fun, glad you avoided that chore.