Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Default Re: Long road to home.

Thank you sir. The best part is how much our daughter likes it. All you have to do is suggest going to the farm and you won't hear the end of it!

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

[QUOTE=jinman;2809479]Is that a mule deer in your photo? It looks like a white spot on the bottom of its neck. Also, did you add color dye to your pond or is that the natural green color?

We did add a bottle of dye last year, was supposed to help keep algae down. I didn't notice any difference and 3 wks later it was back to pond water green. we don't get much algae so I won't bother with the dye again.

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

[QUOTE=jinman;2809479]Is that a mule deer in your photo? It looks like a white spot on the bottom of its neck.

Nope, whitetail doe. No Mulies around here.

Lee

Long road home

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B7500HSD

That is one chubby looking doe.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Was out at the property this past week for a couple days. I had two loads of bank run gravel delivered before I got there, so I got some seat time on the 5530 spreading it out. Here are some pictures. I decided to go with the bank run strictly because of cost. Doing 500' of driveway in crushed limestone is just not in the budget. The gentlemen I get my bank run from provide us with a very good product, it really packs immediately and very stable. There are some over size stones to deal with but at 40% of the cost of crusher run I can deal with them. When it is all done I will top it with 3-4" of the crusher run top dress it up.

I also picked up a 7' landscape rake from Tractor Supply to help grade the bank run. It did well, although I decided to fabricate a hydraulic angle for it. I quickly got tired of climbing off and on the tractor every time it wanted to change it. As soon as I get some pictures of the rake I will post them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bank-run-gravel-jpg   -driveway-10-jpg  

Lee

Long road home

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by ENG18LT
    I also picked up a 7' landscape rake from Tractor Supply to help grade the bank run. It did well, although I decided to fabricate a hydraulic angle for it. I quickly got tired of climbing off and on the tractor every time it wanted to change it. As soon as I get some pictures of the rake I will post them.
    Yes, I get tired of getting off the tractor to adjust the angle on my box blade or grading blade. However, I just make do because I don't want to pay for a hydraulic angle adjustment.
    Obed
    John Deere 4210 (28 HP) FEL, BH, 6' Box Blade, Loader Forks

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

It wasn't that bad cost wise. I got the ram, hoses and fittings at Tractor Supply and a piece of 3/4" x 2 1/2" x 36" steel from Klein Steel all for around 225.00. Then it was just a matter of my time to fabricate it. Was well worth it.

Lee

Long road home

Tractor
    none

Looks like you've got a great dog to supervise the work so I think you'll have a fine place when all is done.

Hope every step of every project goes better than expected and comes in under budget.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Two more loads of gravel graded, spoils from driveway dig out spread around pond birm to widen it and lessen the slope. Driveway is now 175' off the road. Also managed to bend my landscape rake yesterday, so I spent an hour trying to disassemble and figure out a fix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20120525_195827-png  

Lee

Long road home

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Forgot to add, got a ball park estimate on the septic. 9k or 16k depending on whether I have enough slope or not. Well estimate is 2800 for drilling and casing, pump and piping add 1400. Those are way better then I thought they were going to be.

Lee

Long road home

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast