Long road to home.

/ Long road to home.
Thank you sir. The best part is how much our daughter likes it. All you have to do is suggest going to the farm and you won't hear the end of it!

/ Long road to home.
Is that a mule deer in your photo? It looks like a white spot on the bottom of its neck. Also, did you add color dye to your pond or is that the natural green color?

We did add a bottle of dye last year, was supposed to help keep algae down. I didn't notice any difference and 3 wks later it was back to pond water green. we don't get much algae so I won't bother with the dye again.

/ Long road to home. #14  
That is one chubby looking doe.

/ Long road to home.
Was out at the property this past week for a couple days. I had two loads of bank run gravel delivered before I got there, so I got some seat time on the 5530 spreading it out. Here are some pictures. I decided to go with the bank run strictly because of cost. Doing 500' of driveway in crushed limestone is just not in the budget. The gentlemen I get my bank run from provide us with a very good product, it really packs immediately and very stable. There are some over size stones to deal with but at 40% of the cost of crusher run I can deal with them. When it is all done I will top it with 3-4" of the crusher run top dress it up.

I also picked up a 7' landscape rake from Tractor Supply to help grade the bank run. It did well, although I decided to fabricate a hydraulic angle for it. I quickly got tired of climbing off and on the tractor every time it wanted to change it. As soon as I get some pictures of the rake I will post them.

Attachments

• Bank run gravel.jpg
    Bank run gravel.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 901
  • Driveway 10.jpg
    Driveway 10.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 895
   / Long road to home. #16  
ENG18LT said:
I also picked up a 7' landscape rake from Tractor Supply to help grade the bank run. It did well, although I decided to fabricate a hydraulic angle for it. I quickly got tired of climbing off and on the tractor every time it wanted to change it. As soon as I get some pictures of the rake I will post them.
Yes, I get tired of getting off the tractor to adjust the angle on my box blade or grading blade. However, I just make do because I don't want to pay for a hydraulic angle adjustment.
Obed

/ Long road to home.
It wasn't that bad cost wise. I got the ram, hoses and fittings at Tractor Supply and a piece of 3/4" x 2 1/2" x 36" steel from Klein Steel all for around 225.00. Then it was just a matter of my time to fabricate it. Was well worth it.

/ Long road to home. #18  
Looks like you've got a great dog to supervise the work so I think you'll have a fine place when all is done. :thumbsup:

Hope every step of every project goes better than expected and comes in under budget.

/ Long road to home.
Two more loads of gravel graded, spoils from driveway dig out spread around pond birm to widen it and lessen the slope. Driveway is now 175' off the road. Also managed to bend my landscape rake yesterday, so I spent an hour trying to disassemble and figure out a fix.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120525_195827.png
    ForumRunner_20120525_195827.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 772
   / Long road to home.
Forgot to add, got a ball park estimate on the septic. 9k or 16k depending on whether I have enough slope or not. Well estimate is 2800 for drilling and casing, pump and piping add 1400. Those are way better then I thought they were going to be.