Long road to home.

/ Long road to home. #1  

ENG18LT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5530 4wd
So two years ago my wife and I bought 32 acres and decided to slowly improve it with a new house (replacing the old one on top of the road) behind the pond and a pole barn. The property has been neglected for a long time. We started by cleaning up the junk. Since we have been opening up the field where we want to build. This weekend was a big step for us, the first load of stone went down to start the driveway! We know it is going to take a long time before we are done but just getting the driveway started made my day. :D Here are a few pics of the driveway

Attachments

• Driveway 1.jpg
    Driveway 1.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • Driveway 2.jpg
    Driveway 2.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • Driveway 3.jpg
    Driveway 3.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 1,372
   / Long road to home. #2  
One step at a time. I am positive that by exercising additional patience and diligence, your Dream will become a reality. Best wishes.

/ Long road to home. #3  
Looks like you're off to a good start. Does the rock slop away from the yard? The lip of the grass over the gravel almost looks like a place for water to settle.

Eddie

/ Long road to home.
Ed, the lip on th right side is going to be tappered off next time out. The water drains off fairly well here so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am will try and put up some more pictures today of the property, I know how much everyone craves photos!

/ Long road to home.
Here are a couple pics of our property!

Attachments

• PICT2673.JPG
    PICT2673.JPG
    640.2 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Food Plot 2.JPG
    Food Plot 2.JPG
    701.4 KB · Views: 1,528
  • Pond 1.JPG
    Pond 1.JPG
    637.7 KB · Views: 1,474
  • 0619111332a.jpg
    0619111332a.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,270
   / Long road to home. #6  
Good looking place. Take your time and do it right is the way to go. Have fun and stay safe....

/ Long road to home.
Just a couple more pictures from the last year that I thought I would share.

Attachments

• Culvert 6.jpg
    Culvert 6.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 1,354
  • CAT playing in the pond.JPG
    CAT playing in the pond.JPG
    858.5 KB · Views: 1,321
  • New Well 2.jpg
    New Well 2.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Post Hole Digger Stand 1.jpg
    Post Hole Digger Stand 1.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 1,098
   / Long road to home. #9  
You are going to love it out there you have a really nice piece of land.:thumbsup:

/ Long road to home. #10  
Here are a couple pics of our property!

Is that a mule deer in your photo? It looks like a white spot on the bottom of its neck. Also, did you add color dye to your pond or is that the natural green color?

Nice pictures and property! I can tell by your photos and description that you find a lot of pleasure in taking a place from the rough and making it like you want it to be. You'll have many happy projects in the future.