Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Default Long road to home.

So two years ago my wife and I bought 32 acres and decided to slowly improve it with a new house (replacing the old one on top of the road) behind the pond and a pole barn. The property has been neglected for a long time. We started by cleaning up the junk. Since we have been opening up the field where we want to build. This weekend was a big step for us, the first load of stone went down to start the driveway! We know it is going to take a long time before we are done but just getting the driveway started made my day. Here are a few pics of the driveway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -driveway-1-jpg   -driveway-2-jpg   -driveway-3-jpg  

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: Long road to home.

One step at a time. I am positive that by exercising additional patience and diligence, your Dream will become a reality. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Looks like you're off to a good start. Does the rock slop away from the yard? The lip of the grass over the gravel almost looks like a place for water to settle.

Eddie

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Ed, the lip on th right side is going to be tappered off next time out. The water drains off fairly well here so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am will try and put up some more pictures today of the property, I know how much everyone craves photos!

Lee

Long road home

Mahindra 5530 w/ FEL, Bushhog 286 cutter, 8' disc, 2 bottom plow, pallet forks, 22' American trailer, geotextile carrier, PHD w/ 12" auger, tooth bar, landscape rake, trailer hitch, broadcast spreader, toolbar, cultipacker, grain drill, and more to come!

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Here are a couple pics of our property!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -0619111332a-jpg   -pond-1-jpg   -food-plot-2-jpg   -pict2673-jpg  

Lee

Long road home

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 3130

Good looking place. Take your time and do it right is the way to go. Have fun and stay safe....

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by nue2farm View Post
    Good looking place. Take your time and do it right is the way to go. Have fun and stay safe....

Thanks.

Lee

Long road home

Tractor
    Mahindra 5530 4wd

Just a couple more pictures from the last year that I thought I would share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -culvert-6-jpg   -cat-playing-pond-jpg   -new-well-2-jpg   -post-hole-digger-stand-1-a  

Lee

Long road home

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

You are going to love it out there you have a really nice piece of land.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by ENG18LT View Post
    Here are a couple pics of our property!
    Is that a mule deer in your photo? It looks like a white spot on the bottom of its neck. Also, did you add color dye to your pond or is that the natural green color?

Nice pictures and property! I can tell by your photos and description that you find a lot of pleasure in taking a place from the rough and making it like you want it to be. You'll have many happy projects in the future.
    Jim

Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast