building a pole barn

/ building a pole barn
Back home again but getting over 10" of rain last weekend has slow the progress. Had 10 yds of fill dirt delivered yesterday, leveled grade, plate compacted, and forming tomorrow for the slab to be poured Friday.

I plan to use what I found on another forum that said for every foot of run drop 1/8" for proper drainage on the open carport, 24 ft ( 3") and back porch 6ft, (3/4"). Sound right to y'all?

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 260
   / building a pole barn #23  
Looking great.

Chad

/ building a pole barn #24  
Back home again but getting over 10" of rain last weekend has slow the progress. Had 10 yds of fill dirt delivered yesterday, leveled grade, plate compacted, and forming tomorrow for the slab to be poured Friday.

I plan to use what I found on another forum that said for every foot of run drop 1/8" for proper drainage on the open carport, 24 ft ( 3") and back porch 6ft, (3/4"). Sound right to y'all?

If you leave those poles in the ground too long without getting the sides on they may start to twist and cup which will make putting the siding on more difficult.

Kevin

/ building a pole barn #25  

That's for plumbing, not landscape drainage. I would pitch it about an inch per foot.

/ building a pole barn
thanks for the information and comments on the posts and drainage. Put up the splash boards and framed the carport and back porch today. Waiting on building inspection tomorrow and pouring concrete
Friday wx permitting.IMG_1389.jpgIMG_1390.jpg

/ building a pole barn
Poured the slab yesterday. Turned out very well. I did the grading/forming and hired the finishers. Plan to start on the trusses nest time home. Thinking about completing a pair of trusses/purlins then lifting them to complete a bay.
What have others used to lift the pairs? I am looking at a couple of Genie Lifts. Building is only 20' wide with 18" eaves. IMG_1395.jpgIMG_1394.jpgIMG_1393.jpg

/ building a pole barn
Update on my pole barn progress. In July home stand, I notched the trusses, raised/fastened to posts, and framed roof. Did all this without any help so it took eight days to get it done. Used a genie lift and rope slings to lift the trusses into position. Great piece of equipment. Plan to put the roof on next trip home.

Kevincook was right. In six weeks most of the posts had twisted and bowed including the big 8 x 8's! Was a real challenge to bring them back to plumb the trusses with come a longs. Put your trusses up and get the roof framing done ASAP!IMG_1492.jpgIMG_1495.jpgIMG_1499.jpgIMG_1514.jpg