First Stump removal

/ First Stump removal #1  

foote2floor

Tractor
TYM 227hst
This is the first project with my TYM backhoe that I just bought for my TYM 27 hydro.

Attachments

• image-1249791991.jpg
    image-1249791991.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 519
   / First Stump removal
Not a mothers day present. Just another tool in my arsenal to tame my five acres. I purchased it about a week ago and just had a chance to try it out.

/ First Stump removal #5  
So what was your process to get that monster out of the ground? That's pretty impressive!

/ First Stump removal
The best way I found to remove the stump was to dig on two sides of the stump, reposition my tractor to dig perpendicular to the first two sides. I dug as close to the stump as possible but would have to move farther out on some roots and use the curl of the bucket to break a root. The small backhoe just doesn't have the massive ripping force of larger machines. After repeating this process two more times I used the backhoe to push and pull in all four directions to check how my progress was going. I then used the FEL to push as high on the stump as possible without slipping off. It pushed over and broke free the first push.
Now removing it from the hole was a adventure. I did not have enough oomph to raise the monster with the backhoe or front end loader. I positioned the stump on its edge were I could use a chain to roll the stump out of the hole on its root ball. I had to make two trys at it. The first pull the root ball got stuck on the lip of the hole and was not budging. The second pull was a struggle but it finally reached the breakover point and rolled out.

/ First Stump removal #7  
Earning its keep as they say. :)
Project list going to be a whole lot easier.

/ First Stump removal #8  
I don't even fool around with stumps over 6" diameter with my 1720 and 8' woods backhoe. I find it to be too much wear and tear and incredibly inefficient way of digging stumps. Nice job on that stump.

/ First Stump removal #9  
Not a mothers day present. Just another tool in my arsenal to tame my five acres. I purchased it about a week ago and just had a chance to try it out.

I meant was the stump a Mothers day present?

"Here Honey, look what I dug up for you!"

/ First Stump removal
Got to use my, new to me forks today. Picked them up from my local dealer when I went to window shop. I just could not resist. I just wish he would carry a 48 inch grapple!!! Having one in stock may just push me over the edge to buy one.

image-2231927040.jpg

This tree and another I dug up today had asian long horned beetles. My local agriculture center sent a rep out and we cut and burned the trees and sprayed the stumps.

image-3969136675.jpg

My helper gave out early!