The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree #1  

tmajor

Platinum Member
Tractor
2010 MF 1529, Woods ZTR MZ1952, National Mower sickle bar circa 1963
I "had" this large willow tree, between the road and my power lines to the house, which I thought, I'd prefer to have gone.

I didn't want to climb it, I didn't want to clean up the mess and I didn't want to try to burn it, after it was down. So, I called the pros. Done deal!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjceidyHE_w]Back Woods Boys (Ron Thomas, Jr.) Takes down my Willow Tree - YouTube[/ame]

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree #2  
Nice job climbing and cutting. What did they do with the huge trunk sections?

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree
From what I've heard, willow isn't much good for burning. But, they hauled them to some guy with 5 large greenhouses, to burn in his greenhouse wood burners. They hauled about 2-1/2 loads of logs to him.

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree #4  
cool video. These guys amaze me. I have a little issue with heights so to see them up there just makes me shake my head....:confused2: I have an oak with 2 huge limbs hanging over my barn. I need to call the pros and get them taken down before winter comes again.

:thumbsup:

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree #5  
It alway amazes me when I see a pro doing that type of work without saw chaps and a hemet. I would think their insurance company would go nuts. Nice job though.

MarkV

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree #6  
I recently "did battle" with a tree than wanted to fall on my barn. I used the 20' ladder to put a 3/8" cable on it, then, a 100 feet away, ran the cable thru a snatch block on another tree. Cut it thru as far as I dared, then pulled it down with the Yella Fella. I spent the 500 bucks I saved on beer to run my log splitter this Fall.:licking:

/ The "Back Woods Boys" remove my willow tree
It alway amazes me when I see a pro doing that type of work without saw chaps and a hemet. I would think their insurance company would go nuts. Nice job though.

MarkV

Ron worked for one of the "big guys". He told me they always used the safety equipment. I believe, he also told me that they didn't wear the chaps, when climbing. ?

One other thing, I might mention, ... "Ron was a bull rider!" Can you form a picture?