Look what I just picked up today

/ Look what I just picked up today #21  
Ballpark of 350 lbs or so, I'd guess. You may need a bit more, but that would be a good starting point.

If you have ANY use for one, I'd suggest you look for a Cat 0 48" boxblade for the rear instead. TSC used to sell a Cat 0/Cat 1 48" made by Keen Kutter for under $500. That way you can rip with the scarifiers to loosen dirt, or to smooth dirt out once you've dumped it...

Otherwise you can load the rear tires, or hang weights off the back of the tractor. Loading the tires with WW washer fluid (use winter mix so it doesn't freeze) is the cheapest way to add weight, but it will only add about 75 lbs per rear wheel.

/ Look what I just picked up today
Ballpark of 350 lbs or so, I'd guess. You may need a bit more, but that would be a good starting point.

If you have ANY use for one, I'd suggest you look for a Cat 0 48" boxblade for the rear instead. TSC used to sell a Cat 0/Cat 1 48" made by Keen Kutter for under $500. That way you can rip with the scarifiers to loosen dirt, or to smooth dirt out once you've dumped it...

Otherwise you can load the rear tires, or hang weights off the back of the tractor. Loading the tires with WW washer fluid (use winter mix so it doesn't freeze) is the cheapest way to add weight, but it will only add about 75 lbs per rear wheel.

WoW! this is getting so complicated now, I've looked all over craislist, trading post, american classifieds, etc.. for weights of any kind for this tractor can't find anything so far how in the world am I going to get 350lbs on the rear :) well; thanks again Kent for the good advice.

William

/ Look what I just picked up today #23  
Go to the metal recyclers and buy some 1" plate to hang off the rear

/ Look what I just picked up today #24  
I guess all those guys that run Johnson 44 loaders on JD 420s are just living a pipe dream too.

NOT! Find yourself a loader, or have one built. That will be one handy little machine for landscape use. You can load the rear tires with windshield washer fluid. That will add quite alot of weight to the rear. Old Cub wheel weights are readily available, and will probably adapt up to your wheels just fine. Build a box to hang on the 3PH, and add whatever you want. There are all kinds of options for rear weight.

/ Look what I just picked up today
Ok! thanks alot guys; that gives me some ideas, never though of building a box loaded down that sounds cool probally put gravel, large rocks, or anything in it huh! Everyone keeps talking about adding washer fuild how do I get the fuild inside the tires, are there a special gauge I hook to my air comprossor hose or something else I need. thanks again for all the good advice.

William

/ Look what I just picked up today #26  
Ok! thanks alot guys; that gives me some ideas, never though of building a box loaded down that sounds cool probally put gravel, large rocks, or anything in it huh! Everyone keeps talking about adding washer fuild how do I get the fuild inside the tires, are there a special gauge I hook to my air comprossor hose or something else I need. thanks again for all the good advice.

William

They make special adapters to put it in through the valve stem, and are available at Napa and such...

But, by far the fastest and easiest way is to remove the wheel, carefully break the bead seal on the side of the wheel that has the valve stem, without breaking the bead seal on the opposite side. Then simply pour it in through the crack between the tire and wheel. Then reinflate the tire, which reseats the bead seal, and inflate back up to the recommended PSI...

Use a ratchet strap (or similar) if needed to gently squeeze the tire to help reseat the bead seal, if needed, as you reinflate. Sometimes I have to put a strap on them, sometimes they'll reseat the seal without it.

/ Look what I just picked up today #27  
Go to the metal recyclers and buy some 1" plate to hang off the rear

/ Look what I just picked up today #28  
I have a massey 2610 and a deutz allis 1920 basically the same thing as a sunstar it's way more than lawn mower! A sunstar is one **** of a garden tractor as for that front end it's so rugged it will prolly out last the kubota 1860 series front ends. The deutz allis 1920 was my dads then he gave it to me. He purchased it new in 1986 still running great. Lets see how the kubota 1860 is doing in 27 years?

/ Look what I just picked up today #29  
I believe this group of tractors is the "super garden tractor", of which there were many manufacturers. I've had a few of them....my favorite was a Cub Cadet 1782, which had PS, hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, rear and front PTO, and yes...a kwik-way loader. It actually worked pretty well, for what you had. I believe tractor weight was around 900 lbs without anything. It had a 17 HP Kubota diesel...but others had different gas engines.
In my mind it's not a fair comparison with the BX series as Jim is saying....but the BX is more of a sub-compact, a bit bigger frame size...more capabilities...and the "SGT" is a step down in size and capabilities. Next down is garden tractor.....then LT...
I loved that tractor....but sold it to buy my 24 HP Subcompact.....big thing was 4wd.
Still great machines...enjoy!

/ Look what I just picked up today #30  
This would work ONLY with tubeless tires. I filler adapter doesn't cost much at NAPA and works fine.