Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER

Default Look what I just picked up today

Hello; I just picked up a Simplicity Sunstar 20HP Koler, Power Steering, F&R PTO, Hydro a monster of a garden tractor Now! its Front End Loader time here in Tennessee. Hope I can find one, or someone to build it. I was going to upload an image but, I guess the image has to be on the Internet someplace I have it on my pc. $600.00

William

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7305

Default Re: Look what I just picked up today

You want to put a loader on a 20HP Simplicity? I guess it could be done, but your capacity would be rather pathetic before you overload the front axles and whatnot.

Good luck! P.S. you can upload ppics straight from your PC during the posting process. Look for the attachment button before you submit.

Platinum Member

I agree... limited usage for a loader on a twenty hp two wheel drive machine. With the weight of a loader, rebuilding the front axle to handle a load you would near five to seven hundred pounds. Now add the weight of the material in the bucket and its not going to be that agile.
    I waited to purchase a four wheel drive tractor before building a loader. This combination works much better and one cannot believe how power to the front can make it a very usable combination. Good luck on your venture.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Simplicity approved a couple different loaders for use on the Sunstars, both with 500-600 lb lift capaciity, as I recall.... One was the Kwik-Way I think, but I don't remember if the other was a Brantley, Henry, or what...

I guess someone should go on the kubota forums and tell the BX guys that their tractors with similar capacity are worthless also...

Last edited by KentT; 06-07-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Power Trac PT-425 w/numerous attachments
    Allis-Chalmers B-210 w/several attachments
    Gravely 5260 walk-behind w/two attachments
    Yamaha Rhino 450 UTV w/numerous mods
    More pictures & info about my garden tractors

Tractor
    Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER

I agree KentT, I have seen smaller tractors then mine with loaders on them, the axle and spindles are humongous on this tractor, goto youtube and search tractor and loader and they even have them on 10 - 12 hp even lawn tractors. Is that your tractor in the picture looks just like mine is it the GTH 20?

William

Tractor
    Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER

Yep! and here's a tractor just like mine with a loader maybe different year but, a GTH 20 Sunstar anyway.

Attachment 268685

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by wwmw View Post
    Yep! and here's a tractor just like mine with a loader maybe different year but, a GTH 20 Sunstar anyway.

Attachment 268685
    Notice how that loader in the photo has fresh black paint on it and nothin' in it? That should tell you all you need to know. Do they have video showing that tractor sitting on its nose with the rear wheels about 1' off the ground? I guarantee you thats what would happen with any load in that bucket. Putting a loader on a 2wd 20 hp lawnmower is wishing for pure serendipity that ain't gonna happen. The truth is that it will be very slow, barely able to lift itself, and no use whatsoever without tons of rear ballast. The comparison of your Simplicity mower to a BX with loader is pure rubbish. Save yourself a lot of grief and cost and buy a little trailer you can pull behind it. If you must, make the trailer a dump trailer that hooks to the Simplicity's hydraulics. An add-on 3PH would be infinitely more useful than an FEL on that machine.

BTW: I think you have a great lawnmower that can also have lots of other uses, just NOT an FEL.
    Jim

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Notice how that loader in the photo has fresh black paint on it and nothin' in it? That should tell you all you need to know. Do they have video showing that tractor sitting on its nose with the rear wheels about 1' off the ground? I guarantee you thats what would happen with any load in that bucket. Putting a loader on a 2wd 20 hp lawnmower is wishing for pure serendipity that ain't gonna happen. The truth is that it will be very slow, barely able to lift itself, and no use whatsoever without tons of rear ballast. The comparison of your Simplicity mower to a BX with loader is pure rubbish. Save yourself a lot of grief and cost and buy a little trailer you can pull behind it. If you must, make the trailer a dump trailer that hooks to the Simplicity's hydraulics. An add-on 3PH would be infinitely more useful than an FEL on that machine.

BTW: I think you have a great lawnmower that can also have lots of other uses, just NOT an FEL.
    Jim,

It's limited by being 2WD, but otherwise more comparable to the small kubota than you acknowledge. I've owned both a Simpliicty with loader and a small Kubota with loader, so I can speak from first hand experience ...

BTW, his Sunstar has 3-pt hitch, already.... like shown in the pic I posted. The 18HP version did not, the 20HP version like his did, in addition to Hi/Low range on the hydrostat, independent rear brakes, diff lock, power steering, etc.

It's more than a lawnmower -- it's a very good little garden tractor.

Simplicity even approved and sold loaders for the model series smaller than the one he has, which had 350 lb lift capacity.
    Power Trac PT-425 w/numerous attachments
    Allis-Chalmers B-210 w/several attachments
    Gravely 5260 walk-behind w/two attachments
    Yamaha Rhino 450 UTV w/numerous mods
    More pictures & info about my garden tractors

Tractor
    L2800.

Quote Originally Posted by wwmw View Post
    ... I was going to upload an image but, I guess the image has to be on the Internet someplace I have it on my pc.
    Nope, you can upload from your computer, click on the paperclip (see photo) or else you can scroll down below the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons to the "additional options" section and find the "Manage Attachments" button.

That opens another window where you can browse your computer to find your photo file. If you need more help, just let us know.

Tractor
    Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER

Thanks again! KentT, I don't understand all the stuff they are saying about my tractor the ones that are talking bad about the sunstar gth 20 please do a youtube search for tractor and loader you'll see smaller tractors than I have w/o any power steering diff lock pto's or anything and they are digging and moving heavy loads with no problems that I can see, please don't cut my tractor down until you know whats your taliking about ok! thanks though for the insite... but, jim, I do wish it had 4 wheel drive though but, can't have everything.

thanks! Teg, I figured it out with the paperclip thing.

William

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast