Look what I just picked up today

/ Look what I just picked up today #1  

wwmw

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford LGT 145 14HP KOHLER
Hello; I just picked up a Simplicity Sunstar 20HP Koler, Power Steering, F&R PTO, Hydro a monster of a garden tractor :laughing: Now! its Front End Loader time here in Tennessee. Hope I can find one, or someone to build it. I was going to upload an image but, I guess the image has to be on the Internet someplace I have it on my pc. $600.00

William

/ Look what I just picked up today #2  
You want to put a loader on a 20HP Simplicity? I guess it could be done, but your capacity would be rather pathetic before you overload the front axles and whatnot.

Good luck! P.S. you can upload ppics straight from your PC during the posting process. Look for the attachment button before you submit.

/ Look what I just picked up today #3  
I agree... limited usage for a loader on a twenty hp two wheel drive machine. With the weight of a loader, rebuilding the front axle to handle a load you would near five to seven hundred pounds. Now add the weight of the material in the bucket and its not going to be that agile.
I waited to purchase a four wheel drive tractor before building a loader. This combination works much better and one cannot believe how power to the front can make it a very usable combination. Good luck on your venture.

/ Look what I just picked up today #4  
Simplicity approved a couple different loaders for use on the Sunstars, both with 500-600 lb lift capaciity, as I recall.... One was the Kwik-Way I think, but I don't remember if the other was a Brantley, Henry, or what...

I guess someone should go on the Kubota forums and tell the BX guys that their tractors with similar capacity are worthless also... :laughing:

resized%20%284%29.JPG

Last edited:
   / Look what I just picked up today
I agree KentT, I have seen smaller tractors then mine with loaders on them, the axle and spindles are humongous on this tractor, goto youtube and search tractor and loader and they even have them on 10 - 12 hp even lawn tractors. Is that your tractor in the picture looks just like mine is it the GTH 20?

William

Yep! and here's a tractor just like mine with a loader :laughing: maybe different year but, a GTH 20 Sunstar anyway.

View attachment 268685

/ Look what I just picked up today #7  
Yep! and here's a tractor just like mine with a loader :laughing: maybe different year but, a GTH 20 Sunstar anyway.

View attachment 268685

Notice how that loader in the photo has fresh black paint on it and nothin' in it? That should tell you all you need to know. Do they have video showing that tractor sitting on its nose with the rear wheels about 1' off the ground? I guarantee you thats what would happen with any load in that bucket. :rolleyes: Putting a loader on a 2wd 20 hp lawnmower is wishing for pure serendipity that ain't gonna happen. The truth is that it will be very slow, barely able to lift itself, and no use whatsoever without tons of rear ballast. The comparison of your Simplicity mower to a BX with loader is pure rubbish. Save yourself a lot of grief and cost and buy a little trailer you can pull behind it. If you must, make the trailer a dump trailer that hooks to the Simplicity's hydraulics. An add-on 3PH would be infinitely more useful than an FEL on that machine.

BTW: I think you have a great lawnmower that can also have lots of other uses, just NOT an FEL.

/ Look what I just picked up today #8  
Notice how that loader in the photo has fresh black paint on it and nothin' in it? That should tell you all you need to know. Do they have video showing that tractor sitting on its nose with the rear wheels about 1' off the ground? I guarantee you thats what would happen with any load in that bucket. :rolleyes: Putting a loader on a 2wd 20 hp lawnmower is wishing for pure serendipity that ain't gonna happen. The truth is that it will be very slow, barely able to lift itself, and no use whatsoever without tons of rear ballast. The comparison of your Simplicity mower to a BX with loader is pure rubbish. Save yourself a lot of grief and cost and buy a little trailer you can pull behind it. If you must, make the trailer a dump trailer that hooks to the Simplicity's hydraulics. An add-on 3PH would be infinitely more useful than an FEL on that machine.

BTW: I think you have a great lawnmower that can also have lots of other uses, just NOT an FEL.

Jim,

It's limited by being 2WD, but otherwise more comparable to the small Kubota than you acknowledge. I've owned both a Simpliicty with loader and a small Kubota with loader, so I can speak from first hand experience ...

BTW, his Sunstar has 3-pt hitch, already.... like shown in the pic I posted. The 18HP version did not, the 20HP version like his did, in addition to Hi/Low range on the hydrostat, independent rear brakes, diff lock, power steering, etc.

It's more than a lawnmower -- it's a very good little garden tractor.

Simplicity even approved and sold loaders for the model series smaller than the one he has, which had 350 lb lift capacity.

/ Look what I just picked up today #9  
... I was going to upload an image but, I guess the image has to be on the Internet someplace I have it on my pc.
Nope, you can upload from your computer, click on the paperclip (see photo) or else you can scroll down below the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons to the "additional options" section and find the "Manage Attachments" button.

That opens another window where you can browse your computer to find your photo file. If you need more help, just let us know. :thumbsup:

Thanks again! KentT, I don't understand all the stuff they are saying about my tractor the ones that are talking bad about the sunstar gth 20 please do a youtube search for tractor and loader you'll see smaller tractors than I have w/o any power steering diff lock pto's or anything and they are digging and moving heavy loads with no problems that I can see, please don't cut my tractor down until you know whats your taliking about ok! thanks though for the insite... :D but, jim, I do wish it had 4 wheel drive though but, can't have everything.

thanks! Teg, I figured it out with the paperclip thing.

William