Started Garage/Shed this week

/ Started Garage/Shed this week #1  

efam3300

Gold Member
Tractor
LS4140HC- Kubota b3300su hst-polaris ranger 500-Kubota Commander ZTR
Its going to be 20X30 with 2X4 walls and metal sides and roof. I got the foundation in which consists of 4X4 lineal beam set on 4X4 posts and gravel pad. Framers are scheduled for the first week of July.

Attachments

• image-58006326.jpg
    image-58006326.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 462
  • image-1748547874.jpg
    image-1748547874.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 364
  • image-3469205035.jpg
    image-3469205035.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 413
   / Started Garage/Shed this week
Garage/Shed framed up friday! I hired a company with a crew of Mennonite's framers.TheyIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0421.jpgIMG_0423.jpgIMG_0424.jpg started the garage friday morning and by end of the day they were completely done.The crew of 4 started around 6:30 and had walls and trusses built by noon.The metal roof and sides were done in the afternoon along with the overhead garage door and man door. they were very hard workers and very pleasant to be around and did a great job.

/ Started Garage/Shed this week #4  
Nice work, are you doing it alone? The foundation/lower frame work is quite unique. Did you go to frost line or is it going to float on top? Just curious. Love to see the pictures of a man and his work. Good Luck!

/ Started Garage/Shed this week #5  
Wow, I feel dumb. I read your post about the framers and still asked if you were doing it alone, sorry. :ashamed::ashamed::duh:

ENG18LT said:
Wow, I feel dumb. I read your post about the framers and still asked if you were doing it alone, sorry. :ashamed::ashamed::duh:

No problem, thanks for the compliment. I'm a retired carpenter and I put the foundation in myself with my brother-inlaw helping but the Mennonite company gave me a quote I couldn't turn down on the framing and material. They also put it up in one day saving me time to so i can get to my next project( a 5x8 boxed deer stand). I will try to get some pics of the stand going together.
Ed.

/ Started Garage/Shed this week #7  
Are you leaving the 2x across the bottom of the overhead door opening or if that's just there from erecting the wall. Or is that what the overhead door closes down on?

BeezFun said:
Are you leaving the 2x across the bottom of the overhead door opening or if that's just there from erecting the wall. Or is that what the overhead door closes down on?

BeezFun, that is treated 4x4 buried in the gravel pad for the overhead door to close on.

/ Started Garage/Shed this week #9  
BeezFun, that is treated 4x4 buried in the gravel pad for the overhead door to close on.

I have a similar situation, I was concerned that the vehicles driving over it would push it further down in the ground, and that frost would heave it in winter. You probably don't get much winter where you're at. One guy on forum built a concrete curb with a few pieces of rebar in it across the opening to drive on. Still can heave but at least it stays in one piece.

BeezFun said:
I have a similar situation, I was concerned that the vehicles driving over it would push it further down in the ground, and that frost would heave it in winter. You probably don't get much winter where you're at. One guy on forum built a concrete curb with a few pieces of rebar in it across the opening to drive on. Still can heave but at least it stays in one piece.

I did put some metal gusset plates on the lineal 4x4 attached to the pier post that is below ground level. I installed 4x4 post to frost level with a 6"x6" block screwed to the bottom of the buried post and backed filled with gravel to help with the frost uplift.