Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #1  

jokergerm

Gold Member
Well after a year of getting annoyed with the people that bought the lot next door and are living in a camper trailer while they build a 700 sqaure house from straw bales and mud, im putting up a 6 foot solid fence so i dont have to see them

Total fence length will be about 1400 feet, its alot of fence. however its alot more private!!

fence1.jpgfence3.jpgfence4.jpg

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #2  
fence looks good! House out of straw bales and mud.....why?

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors
Cause its green or some s***

Oh well at least ill have 3.5 acres thats totally enclosed with solid fence, and electric gate. Its gonna be a mini compound lol

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #4  
You built it backwards. Now people can easily climb your fence from the outside.

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #5  
   / Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors
Ya i know, we have a Pet Coaitmundi and he would climb out if we did it the other way. He cant climb a shear wall but if it was the other way he would be gone...........

ralph1.jpgralph4.jpg

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #7  
saltbranch said:

Price? Not everybody can afford new construction. There was a time I was considering living in a yurt because I couldn't find land with a house I could afford. Figured I'd take land and no house over house and no land.

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #8  
Built backwards! humm it would help as he doubles that area with his shooting range. The occasional invader will be the live target practice. LOL!

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #9  

It's probably a type of stucco rather then "mud".
Straw bales houses have a great reputation for excellent insulation and are relatively easy to build (so I have read). Straw is a relatively inexpensive building material.
"Ghetto" is probably not an accurate description of the people building their own home.

Here's a bit more about straw houses:
50 straw bale house plans

/ Project no more looking at my Ghetto neighbors #10  
When I was working for a fence company, many folks wanted the smooth side in. The truth is, that height of fence isn't stopping anyone from crossing that really wants over. Moreover, the dog would prefer the smooth side on the inside which would momentarily delay a trespasser's departure giving the dog an edge.