Instant Pond

/ Instant Pond
Willis, TX is only about 150 miles from Tyler, TX, right? I'm sure that Brandi wouldn't mind putting a few highway miles on that excavator! :laughing:

Brandi - you NEVER cease to amaze me with your projects!! You have a great place and just keep making it better! :thumbsup: :us-texas:

Thanks Mark. Too busy for a road trip!
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond
Last weekend I was able to continue removing the dam and giving the bank a rough slope. 10-30-16 Dam Removal and Bank Sloped.jpg Once the dam is cut back, I'll go back and finish the slope.
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond
Yesterday was moving topsoil day. 11-5-16 Loading Topsoil 2.jpg11-5-16 Loading Topsoil.jpg I had lots of topsoil left over from the original pond digging, 4 years ago. I moved soil to extend the dam to the corner of my property.
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond
I put in half of the dam core trench clay today. 11-6-16 New Dam Core Trench Filled.jpg I'll build it up with spoils from the old dam I am removing. Then I will put in the other half.
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond
In case some of Y'all are wondering where on my property I am doing all this pond remodeling, here is a photo from my deck. 11-5-16 Pond Construction View From Deck.jpg The dam I am removing is just in front of the truck's right front tire. It has the water pump on it, along with some yellow buckets . I'll taking the new dam back to the corner behind the truck
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond
I didn't get any work done on the dam or pond Saturday. I was training my backup tractor operator.
11-13-16 Chloe...I can Farm.jpg11-13-16 Chloe Waiting On Grams.jpg11-13-16 Chloe & Brady Waiting On Grams.jpg

But Sunday I did a few hours tractor therapy after my backup operator when home.
11-13-16 Loading Clay.jpg11-13-16 Dam Clay Piles.jpg11-13-16 Building Up New Dam.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Instant Pond #338  
Perfect age to train them right!!!!! :)

/ Instant Pond #339  
Aren't there any child labor laws in Texas? LOL

PAGUY