Splined to keyed shaft adpater?

/ Splined to keyed shaft adpater? #1  

mooseracing

Silver Member
I picked up skid sprayer that the pump was pretty rough on, so I am replacing the pump and some ******** :)D) ordered a pump for a keyed shaft. So are there adapters out there to go from splined to keyed? Otherwise I am going to swap cranks. More hassle then I was expecting, but I hadn't run across a splined, only keyed and threaded.

If it matters this is on a Honda GX160

/ Splined to keyed shaft adpater? #2  
So are there adapters out there to go from splined to keyed? If it matters this is on a Honda GX160

So I'm assuming the splined motor end is male. Would this fit? Surplus Center - 5/8 9T SPLINED COUPLING 03-32-00027

You'd then have to bore it out to press in a shaft to go in the female pump section, if that's the type of pump you got. Otherwise, if you're joining two shafts, I'd be tempted to switch over to using a flex coupling. Just pick the halves that have the right ends on them, perhaps something like these:
Surplus Center - 5/8" 9 TOOTH SPLINED L-095 JAW COUPLING HALF
Surplus Center - 5/8" L-095 JAW COUPLING HALF
and the spider:
Surplus Center - BUNA-N INSERT FOR L-095 & L-090 JAW COUPLING

Does that at least get you close?

/ Splined to keyed shaft adpater? #3  
I'm building a 3PH leaf blower. Part of this requires a jack shaft run by the PTO. The local farm store had a male spline x female 1" keyed, and is something commercially made as a pump adaptor if I recall the tag on it. It's around 6" in length. If this is something you are interested in I can get more info when I get back to work on Monday. If you're in a hurry you can call the store:

PaulB Hardware - Serving Lancaster County, Ephrata, Lititz, Pa. | Specializing in Tools, Agricultural/Industrial Parts, Electrical, Paint, Plumbing and more for the contractor, farmer and homeowner