Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    TYM T293

Default Re: New Home Begins

-rough-electical-approval-jpg

'Nuff said.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Congrats.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    A couple

That's good news Tom!
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2009 NH 2420 , 1963 Ford 2100

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Oh geez, that inspector is an idiot. And if you used pigtailed 15-amp receptacles on a 20-amp circuit that does/did allow for many years, just how is that circuit design protecting extension cords? I can see where he's coming from; but that makes him no less of an idiot in my opinion.
    Yeah what really made me laugh was that he said 15 amp breakers protected 16 gauge extension cords from over heating and causing fires. Just that I was a dumb engineer that didn't know anything about electricity.

Tractor
    TYM T293

One more tub to put in tomorrow this afternoon or after work tomorrow and hook to the trunk and the drains will be done to the wall. Can either rent a core drill or a series of holes around the exterior and chisel it out. I know what my preference is. Superior walls says that if I go the drill and chisel route, to do it from the from the OUTSIDE, not inside for the drain to go through the wall as there is less blow out. I guess the 2.5" rigid foam holds everything together. Makes sense.

The siding is order and that will begin in about 7-10 days. That gives me time to wrap up the water supply and bath fans to the exterior.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    TYM T293

I know it's been a while and we have been busy. Drains are done. PEX lines are in place with only the connections to make. I need to locate an expansion tool. I hate to buy it for $400 to use for 1-2 hours then sell it again. I am hoping that a neighbor I recently met, who happens to work for Uponor, the maker of the pex tubing and fittings, has one he can lend for 1 night.

As soon as the water connections are made, we can go for the rough plumbing. HVAC goes in on May 1.

In the meantime, the siding was delivered yesterday and my wife and I spent a few hours to get some color up!

-p1020831-jpg -p1020832-jpg -p1020833-jpg -p1020834-jpg -p1020835-jpg -p1020836-jpg -p1020837-jpg

edit: what looks like dust on the siding is in fact vinyl dust created from cutting the siding with a blade made specifically for vinyl siding. I used to use a fine tooth blade on backwards so it would not damage the siding. I am not sure which I like more.
    Tom

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

I see you are making progress, the color looks nice.

The expansion tool for pex is crazy pricey. I guess that method is supposed to be the best though.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

We have both the Watts Pex and the Uponor systems. I have never used the Uponor set yet but I'm trained for it. Main reason I did it was because it was free to get trained through our plumbing supply house and now we have the tools and plenty of fittings for if we ever run into it on a job site. I prefer the Watts system with cinch rings as it is easier and faster to make the connections. I've never had a connection fail with the Watts system.

Good luck searching for the expansion tool to use. Their expensive and not too many people will loan them out. If I lived near you I would let you use ours since all it does is sit on the shelf but I prefer not to mail it out as I know as soon as I ship it away I will need it and your a little too far away for me to drive over and pick it up

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    TYM T293

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    We have both the Watts Pex and the Uponor systems. I have never used the Uponor set yet but I'm trained for it. Main reason I did it was because it was free to get trained through our plumbing supply house and now we have the tools and plenty of fittings for if we ever run into it on a job site. I prefer the Watts system with cinch rings as it is easier and faster to make the connections. I've never had a connection fail with the Watts system.

Good luck searching for the expansion tool to use. Their expensive and not too many people will loan them out. If I lived near you I would let you use ours since all it does is sit on the shelf but I prefer not to mail it out as I know as soon as I ship it away I will need it and your a little too far away for me to drive over and pick it up
    Thanks for the thoughts. I called the neighbor last week but I think he was on vacation and I certainly would not want to disturb that. We will see if he calls back this week.

In the meantime, tomorrow is putting up the vinyl lineal on some windows before I head to work. The plan is to prep in the morning for the evening's efforts. I expect to have the front done by the end of the week given other obligations.
    Tom

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Lookin' good Tom, I like your paint work.
    ____
    Jay

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast