New Home Begins

/ New Home Begins #511  
Looking good Tom. How is the basement doing as far as water goes? The walls/joints seem to be staying water tight?

/ New Home Begins
Looking good Tom. How is the basement doing as far as water goes? The walls/joints seem to be staying water tight?

Completely watertight. The sump crocks are never more than 1/2 full when we turn the generator on.

/ New Home Begins #514  
Congrats on the inspections!

/ New Home Begins #515  
Good deal on passing the plumbing inspection. I'm sort of surprised that the HVAC didn't go in first as the ducts are the biggest thing to route. No matter, as long as it meets your approval, that's all that matters.

I agree, put up the ledger board now while it's easy to do.

/ New Home Begins
Good deal on passing the plumbing inspection. I'm sort of surprised that the HVAC didn't go in first as the ducts are the biggest thing to route. No matter, as long as it meets your approval, that's all that matters.

I agree, put up the ledger board now while it's easy to do.

I hear you about the HVAC first. Did the electric and plumbing ourselves out of pocket so did not have to worry about bank draw schedules. We had already done a site survey with the HVAC company so we knew where the trunks were going and kept that in mind when we ran everything so those "lanes" were clear.

The one tough part is that the trunks will have to drop down UNDER the beams on either side of the great room. There is no room to run them between the ijoists as they are 12" on center (7" in between) and solid blocking all along the beams so cant run through them. It makes me especially happy to have gone with the 9' basement ceilings.

/ New Home Begins #517  
I sure wish Casa Lemon as I call our house had 9' ceilings in the basement. Good deal on coordinating with the HVAC company on routing and sizing. I've drawn up just enough HVAC ducts for commercial and industrial faculties to know all the contractor cares about is duct sizing, routing, and general location as they wing it from there.

/ New Home Begins
Here are some pics of the HVAC work in progress. The pics were taken yesterday, during the work, so it's a bit of a mess. I will get better pics now that it's complete.

Monday is the HVAC inspection. I will be running the gas lines tomorrow and preparing for the framing inspection next week. We could be into insulation and drywall the week after!!.

P1020859.jpg P1020860.jpg P1020861.jpg P1020862.jpg P1020864.jpg P1020870.jpg P1020871.jpg P1020884.jpg P1020892.jpg

/ New Home Begins #519  
Would you hurry up and get to the fun stuff, dammmit. :cool2: