New Home Begins

/ New Home Begins
We received the insulation inspection today. The drywall is being delivered tomorrow and they will begin installing it around noon. WhooHoo!! The fireplace will also be installed tomorrow. Since the great room will not get much drywall, the two trades will be able to stay out of each other's way for the one day.

Our kitchen cabinets were delivered on Friday. Having a set of pallet forks on the tractor helped a lot to get them up into the house.

IMAG0733.jpg

This is an angled corner cabinet that is laying on it's side. Birch cabinets in a rustic finish.

Lots more pictures tomorrow.

/ New Home Begins
We received the insulation inspection today. The drywall is being delivered tomorrow and they will begin installing it around noon. WhooHoo!! The fireplace will also be installed tomorrow. Since the great room will not get much drywall, the two trades will be able to stay out of each other's way for the one day.

Our kitchen cabinets were delivered on Friday. Having a set of pallet forks on the tractor helped a lot to get them up into the house.

View attachment 320033

This is an angled corner cabinet that is laying on it's side. Birch cabinets in a rustic finish.

Lots more pictures tomorrow.

/ New Home Begins #534  
That's exciting Tom. Will you be doing your own cabinet install and interior carpentry work?

/ New Home Begins
That's exciting Tom. Will you be doing your own cabinet install and interior carpentry work?

Yes we will. The cabinets are not a problem nor the trim. Trim will most likely be simple 1x6 or 1x8 with 1x4 door casings, stained and satin poly. My wife is still deciding. Interior doors could be a knotty alder or pine, again, stained.

The stone for the fireplace may be subbed out due to time constraints. We received a quote for $7100 for material and labor for stone inside and out. This means WRB, wire lath, scratch coat, stone, grout, materials and limestone hearth also. We got a price of 4000 for stone alone before, so 2-3 days vs how many for me to do it?

Edit: Woodworking is a hobby and I frequently help a friend who owns a high end cabinet shop, so these aspects are a no brainer.

/ New Home Begins #536  
That sounds good, I'll bet you guys will do a heck of a job. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the progress pics.

/ New Home Begins #537  
The cabinets are very nice.

Dave

/ New Home Begins #538  
The cabinets are very nice.

Dave

/ New Home Begins
Today was a very busy day to say the least. The drywall was delivered this morning and stacked. 127 sheets ranging including 12', 14' and 16' sheets.

P1020933.jpg P1020934.jpg P1020936.jpg

You can tell we are such a litigious society in that the drywall now has to be secured to keep people from knocking them over and getting injured.

P1020938.jpg P1020940.jpg

The crew arrived about 11 and started putting them up. Sorry, the battery on the camera was dead, so no pictures of the completed areas.

The fireplace was installed today also. They were very appreciative that I was able to lift the 500# unit into the house on the pallet forks and the T293. Again, finished pics will follow.

P1020957.jpg P1020959.jpg P1020960.jpg

The unexpected event was the well driller. They were not supposed to come out today, but another job was postponed so they just showed up to do our. It's a good thing that we have a nice big front yard to hold all of the trucks. To say I felt pulled in all directions is an understatement.

P1020941.jpg P1020942.jpg P1020943.jpg P1020944.jpg P1020945.jpg P1020946.jpg P1020947.jpg P1020948.jpg P1020949.jpg P1020950.jpg P1020951.jpg P1020952.jpgP1020953.jpgP1020954.jpg

/ New Home Begins
Oh, the other day I commented on the architect requiring a nail in every hold of the simpson tie down strap. What good is this ...

P1020912.jpg

when it is held at the bottom like this ...

P1020913.jpg