Water Line for irrigation

/ Water Line for irrigation #11  
Might try drilling a hole in the tuff tube (water line) and run that cable thru the hole instead of just duct taping it. Tape would help and it'd keep dirt out of the pipe though. Or make that cable into a choker and wrap tape around the pipe so the choker can't slide past it? I been thinkin of a setup like this. I'm figgerin mounting a ripper shank on a box blade will work since it'll have weight to push it down. Less passes. I got plenty a traction. Enjoyin seein the good ideas

/ Water Line for irrigation #12  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Water Line for irrigation #13  
I use an old 3 point gopher poisoner. Packer wheel removed. Skid slide plates to hold at about 10" depth. Colter in front. This puts about a 2" gopher run for the pipe to slip through. We mostly put in PVC but have pulled in 300' lengths. Most of the time, if you don't drive over it before hand, you can go to the middle, dig down to the pipe, cut it and slip it back & forth in the hole by hand to install fittings. After done, drive back down the line with a tractor wheel & you can hardly tell it has been installed. We also use the chinese finger thing & it has worked good for us. I have pulled lots of 3/4" but have pulled a few hundred feed of 2" with the same rig. I just reduce down to 3/4 for my finger hookup.

I would think the same would work with a subsoiler, connect a short chain to the bottom of the foot, Point a 2' piece of 2 or 2-1/2" steel pipe (to make the run), connect it to the chain, then connect the plastic pipe to the rear of the 2' piece of leader pipe.

A coulter in front makes a much neater job, especially in sod.

I