Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kub - 2K6, B7800

Default Re: Log splitters

Thanks for the pictures
    ** Kubota **

Psalms 86
    John 1:12-13

Duraflap / Kaydenco not worth a hoot for service or products.

"Google" is a proper noun, not a verb.

If you mean what you say, then say what you mean, or just don't say anything

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

American log splitters are virtually identical to the Timberwolf splitters. The creator of American log splitters is the brother of the guy that owns the Timberwolf splitters. They used to be partners at Timberwolf but for whatever reason the brother split, and started building American. Same quality for less money (supposedly)
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by Briar Hill Brittanys View Post

Mark, I like your carry all. That pic with the tractor, leaves, and stump is a really good pic. Makes me look forward to fall.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kub - 2K6, B7800

Thanks for the pictures
    ** Kubota **

Psalms 86
    John 1:12-13

Duraflap / Kaydenco not worth a hoot for service or products.

"Google" is a proper noun, not a verb.

If you mean what you say, then say what you mean, or just don't say anything

Tractor
    Kubota B2320HST

I had never used a splitter until two weeks ago when I borrowed a Huskee 22 ton unit from my son-in-law. WOW Beats the heck out of mauls, sledges and wedges!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn2935-jpg   -dscn2943-jpg  
    Last edited by Iowachild; 09-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    MIKE

Ephesians 6:12

America is a Constitutional Republic.......NOT a democracy! Our founder knew democracies never last!

"Iowa Child" by Sarah Hall Manley

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TS1610

I have a 20 ton MTD log splitter. It has a 5hp motor. I split California valley oak, live oak and pine. I often it will not split oak if there is a big knot in the wood. The splitter gets to a point were bogs down and I can hear the strain on the motor, then I back of and try again or change the position of the wood. Bigger is better. Faster is better but not to the speed were you have to be very careful to do cut off a finger.

Tractor
    Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X

Another 27 ton Troy bilt here- from Lowes- had it about 3 years now. Honda powered-have to agree, love American brands but I have four Hondas-including one on a 2400 PSI pressure washer that I've had for about 10 or 12 years- and one of my kids worked his way through college painting houses-talk about hammered! Key point, IMO can't beat being able to run horiz. or vert. Only thing I wish it had was an "on demand"( idle control) power feature. This thing runs wide open weather working or not- making noise and burning fuel. I think it was around 1400 bucks -I don't think for that money you will find one with this power rating and Idle control.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277

This thread is just what I needed to read. I have been trying to decide or the Troybuilt form Lowes 27 ton or the one from TSC 22 ton. Price difference of $300-$400. I think I will get the one at TSC.
    I suffer from MPD...Multiple Project Disorder

Tractor
    Kioti DK90

My new Timberwolf Tw6 got delivered yesterday and all I can say is wow. I got the 4 and 6 way wedges but as of now I am prefering the 4. It is a very well built machine that is capable of splitting wood as fast as your willing to feed it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Largest TSC model here, the Huskey rated 35 tons, have used it pretty hard for almost two years, and while having a few design issues, it's very durable. I think the hoses aren't going to last long but
    they aren't hard to replace. Briggs 1650 engine flawless. A bit much to pick up while going vertical, but all that seriously heavy iron makes it stay put when a large log is bounced on it. Never been able to stall it.
    Not a cheap price, but without paying freight, TSC was reasonable. Log tray optional and well worth it. They also sell a four way wedge for the unit, haven't tried that yet. My wood is very variable in size so not
    sure the four way would work for me.
    Huskee 35 ton log splitter - YouTube decent video, running engine about half to 3/4 speed as i do. Makes it quieter but I've never needed full throttle. Why he splits this stuff vertically in the video is a question,
    I think easier horizontal for anything but the big stuff.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, Land Pride RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, Land Pride 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mower, Gravely snowblower, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,Ariens snowblower, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2006 JD LX280, , 1968 Cub Cadet 125, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast