Log splitters

/ Log splitters #21  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Log splitters #22  

American log splitters are virtually identical to the Timberwolf splitters. The creator of American log splitters is the brother of the guy that owns the Timberwolf splitters. They used to be partners at Timberwolf but for whatever reason the brother split, and started building American. Same quality for less money (supposedly)

/ Log splitters #23  
WoodSplitting011.jpg

Mark, I like your carry all. That pic with the tractor, leaves, and stump is a really good pic. Makes me look forward to fall. :thumbsup:

/ Log splitters #24  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Log splitters #25  
I had never used a splitter until two weeks ago when I borrowed a Huskee 22 ton unit from my son-in-law. WOW Beats the heck out of mauls, sledges and wedges!

Attachments

• DSCN2935.jpg
    DSCN2935.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 759
  • DSCN2943.jpg
    DSCN2943.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
   / Log splitters #26  
I have a 20 ton MTD log splitter. It has a 5hp motor. I split California valley oak, live oak and pine. I often it will not split oak if there is a big knot in the wood. The splitter gets to a point were bogs down and I can hear the strain on the motor, then I back of and try again or change the position of the wood. Bigger is better. Faster is better but not to the speed were you have to be very careful to do cut off a finger.

/ Log splitters #27  
Another 27 ton Troy bilt here- from Lowes- had it about 3 years now. Honda powered-have to agree, love American brands but I have four Hondas-including one on a 2400 PSI pressure washer that I've had for about 10 or 12 years- and one of my kids worked his way through college painting houses-talk about hammered! Key point, IMO can't beat being able to run horiz. or vert. Only thing I wish it had was an "on demand"( idle control) power feature. This thing runs wide open weather working or not- making noise and burning fuel. I think it was around 1400 bucks -I don't think for that money you will find one with this power rating and Idle control.

/ Log splitters #28  
This thread is just what I needed to read. I have been trying to decide or the Troybuilt form Lowes 27 ton or the one from TSC 22 ton. Price difference of $300-$400. I think I will get the one at TSC.

/ Log splitters #29  
My new Timberwolf Tw6 got delivered yesterday and all I can say is wow. I got the 4 and 6 way wedges but as of now I am prefering the 4. It is a very well built machine that is capable of splitting wood as fast as your willing to feed it.

/ Log splitters #30  
Largest TSC model here, the Huskey rated 35 tons, have used it pretty hard for almost two years, and while having a few design issues, it's very durable. I think the hoses aren't going to last long but
they aren't hard to replace. Briggs 1650 engine flawless. A bit much to pick up while going vertical, but all that seriously heavy iron makes it stay put when a large log is bounced on it. Never been able to stall it.
Not a cheap price, but without paying freight, TSC was reasonable. Log tray optional and well worth it. They also sell a four way wedge for the unit, haven't tried that yet. My wood is very variable in size so not
sure the four way would work for me.
Huskee 35 ton log splitter - YouTube decent video, running engine about half to 3/4 speed as i do. Makes it quieter but I've never needed full throttle. Why he splits this stuff vertically in the video is a question,
I think easier horizontal for anything but the big stuff.