100' greenhouse

/ 100' greenhouse #1  

firemanpat2910

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 2910II
started building a 20x100 foot green house this weekend. leveled site, drilled 34 anchor post holes, set the posts, and poured the concrete. next step is 2x6 toe boards. then up she goes!! Got the kit from Atlas buildings in Tifton Ga. seems like a good kit so far. pictures to follow. didnt get any taken as we worked but will try harder from now on .

/ 100' greenhouse #2  
Contemplating putting one up here, so I'll be following along!

/ 100' greenhouse #4  
Pat, know your area well, use to live in Tallahassee. I was wondering how they are rated for the occasional big blow you get. Also curious what you plan to grow. With that size it sounds like more than a few salad veggies for the house.

MarkV

/ 100' greenhouse #5  
Are you planning on a nursery? I live and worked in Southwest Florida for many years. A friend of mine has owned and operated a nursery in Florida on 30 acres for many years. Due to the downsizing of the housing market, he has lost quite a few orders. If it can be grown, he grows it, from palm trees to flowers. He sells to Walmart and the larger chain stores throughout the State. He told me about two years ago, that his profit margin wasn't that much when selling to Walmart. Due to competition, and the number of nurseries wanting to sell to Walmart, he told me that the selling price left little profit. He still sells to Walmart, mainly to continue providing employment to his employees. Just a thought.Best wishes in regards to any venture your endeavor leads to.

/ 100' greenhouse
20' RT just getting started, was very impressed with atlas. I went to pick kit up on a Sat. morning didnt take tour of facility but just from looking around while they loaded my trailer, It was a clean shop area, very organized. freindly staff.

/ 100' greenhouse
I will let you know later what the plans are in the greenhouse, We are gonna try something a little bit different.

/ 100' greenhouse
first try at adding pictures

Attachments

• kodak 053.jpg
    kodak 053.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 184
  • kodak 079.jpg
    kodak 079.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 239