Grapple vs Fencerow

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #11  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #12  
What equipment are you using to clear yours? If I had it to do over again I would have sprayed the brush with Round Up prior to starting this project.

I have a NH LS190 SS and recently bought a Case 580 4x4 backhoe. I really wanted small (fully size) excavator, but couldn't find one that I thought was worth the asking price.

I don't disagree with you on the Round Up. I just finished up a section that I almost decided to spray but I never did.

What equipment are you using?

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #13  
I thought about putting a chain around it just above the lowest fork and pulling it over. But I don't think you could safely do that either.

Yeah you can.. I usually use 3 twenty footers. just make sure when the tree pulls over, you are way out in front, and there is no way the tree will fall on you.

James K0UA

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #14  
Logging cable w/ a snatch block works best for pulling down those kind of trees -- try not to pull in-line with the tree. Don't ever want a cable to snap and whip back on you. Like K0UA said, a long enough chain would do the job fine, though.

Love the grapple and your land! The rolling green hills are beautiful.

Marcus

/ Grapple vs Fencerow
What equipment are you using?

Only the M9540 and grapple shown in the pictures 98% of the time. I keep a Stihl Farm Boss handy for trees I can't move once they are pushed over.

OH AND.... Anytime you are pushing out an old fence DO NOT FORGET THE WIRE CUTTERS AT HOME!! I can't tell you how many times I wrapped barbed wire around the axle or got it hung in the grapple.

I have rented a Deere 35D with a thumb and a Deere ss w/grapple prior to owning my grapple.

Yeah you can.. I usually use 3 twenty footers. just make sure when the tree pulls over, you are way out in front, and there is no way the tree will fall on you.
James K0UA
Like K0UA said, a long enough chain would do the job fine, though.

It could be done but you guys do not understand. This thing is barely standing and a branch could fall out of it onto my fat head while I'm wrapping a chain or cable. If anyone wants to come wrap the chain I'll gladly pull it over!:laughing:

Love the grapple and your land! The rolling green hills are beautiful.

Marcus

Thanks! This is actually a neighbors land.

I'm getting pictures ready for a bush hogging thread in the next few days with some great mountain top views.