Grapple vs Fencerow

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
Here are a few pictures of a old fence row I was hired to clear out over the summer. I was able to work from both sides of the property line which makes things 100 times easier. I had intentions of taking lots of pics but got too busy actually working. Let me know what you all think.

The first three are from the same section before and during work.
IMG_0078.jpg IMG_0080.jpg IMG_0082.jpg

The next three are from a different area before and during.
IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg IMG_0189.jpg

Last edited:
   / Grapple vs Fencerow
These first two are from when a neighbor lady asked if I could remove a small shrub from beside her home. It was a freebie since she didn't mind me using the tractor. :)
IMG_0295.jpg IMG_0296.jpg

More before and after on the fence line....
IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0200.jpg IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0193.jpg IMG_0210.jpg

Here are a few artifacts I unearthed. The shoe sole is leather and the horse shoe is shown exactly were I found it. Is that a ringer?

IMG_0203.jpg IMG_0202.jpg

Last edited:
   / Grapple vs Fencerow
These four are the same place a few days apart. Notice the big spooky dead tree. I really wanted to push it out but was afraid the top would break out and come backwards on me. (tree > fiberglass canopy)

IMG_0485.jpg IMG_0486.jpg IMG_0608.jpg IMG_0611.jpg

The next five action shots show a friend of mine that helps me out when he isn't mowing yards. He is one of three people I will let drive my tractor and the only one who will ever run the grapple.
IMG_0628.jpg IMG_0630.jpg IMG_0632.jpg IMG_0635.jpg IMG_0638.jpg

There are a few more pictures some where and a few that got out of order when I posted. I'll add those later.

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #4  
You we right not trying to push down that standing dead tree.I almost killed myself doing that ....just very lucky.

/ Grapple vs Fencerow
I thought about putting a chain around it just above the lowest fork and pulling it over. But I don't think you could safely do that either.

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #6  
Thanks for the pictures.

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #7  
Here are a few artifacts I unearthed. The shoe sole is leather and the horse shoe is shown exactly were I found it. Is that a ringer?

That's a ringer in my book! :applause:

/ Grapple vs Fencerow #8  
Nice Job! Clearing some fence rows myself.

/ Grapple vs Fencerow
Thanks guys. I got to looking and found the last of my pics.

The first bunch shows how I push all the stuff parallel to the fence row and then pushing toward the brush piles.
IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0083.jpg IMG_0096.jpg IMG_0097.jpg IMG_0185.jpg

These go with the ones of the hill with the "spooky" tree. It shows that area finished.
IMG_0688.jpg IMG_0629.jpg

The cool thing is that the grapple bucket, not including the 3rd function valve, has almost paid for itself on this job alone. :dance1:

Not sure how many hours went into it this project. I only got to work on it between my real job and my own farm work. But it was less than 1 1/2 tanks of fuel.

Last edited:
   / Grapple vs Fencerow
Nice Job! Clearing some fence rows myself.
What equipment are you using to clear yours? If I had it to do over again I would have sprayed the brush with Round Up prior to starting this project.