How do I get rid of 50+/- tires?

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #11  
I saw an episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike was working at a tire recycling place.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #13  
You should have made getting rid of the tires a condition of buying the property .
The property we purchased had a bunch of tires in it. The County landfill will take them for $3 per tire, $3.50 with a rim. I can rent a truck and take them in one shot but that will end up costing me about $75 when you factor rental, damage waivers, mileage, etc. So it looks like about a $225-$250 proposition.

Any better/cheaper ideas on how to get rid of them?

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #14  
We had a similar problem, we closed in the winter and did not see the two cars and truck on the property due to the snow. They were stuffed full of tires 20+, I had a local junkyard come up for the cars and after haggling over the price of the cars and deducting the cost of the tires I ended up oweing him 20 bucks.
That was probably the best twenty, since the cars were not leaking anything near our well and the tires were gone. He also got a bonus of a 7' black rat snake that would sleep in the cars :)

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #15  
You should have made getting rid of the tires a condition of buying the property .

That's real helpful.

Definitely look around your land for anyplace that might need a retaining wall, perhaps a base for a mailbox (stack them several high, the mailbox won't get hit), art
16.jpg

propping up a shed.

Save several anyways, or sure as shooting you'll do a Homer Simpson "DOH" when you need one.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #16  
Getting them off the place would over ride cost concerns today I think. Tires can be burnt I just read but that requires special expensive set up and is not an on the farm operation.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #17  
Offer them us as free scrap on craigslist. Some meth-head will take the whole lot figuring to break them down for the rims. Granted, the effort will far exceed the financial rewards, but tweakers aren't know for their judgement skills.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #18  
I would rent a uhaul truck or trailer, the largest trailer runs 20ish per day so is very cheap. If you need a tow vehicle just rent a truck, which should be well under 100

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #19  
Offer them us as free scrap on craigslist. Some meth-head will take the whole lot figuring to break them down for the rims. Granted, the effort will far exceed the financial rewards, but tweakers aren't know for their judgement skills.

While the meth-head is on the place you can point out other things of value too. :)

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #20  
IMHO getting a pickup truck's the answer. You'll need one to haul any trailer that's worth owning, but getting a beater might not be the best route either...... who wants another repair project before every trip? Of course with the economy as it is ......... In the long run I think a better truck will be cheaper, and don't get a half ton ......... the 3/4 tons usually don't cost much more, but are definitely better built. This is my humble opinion, and the route I took. In any case I do wish you the best success with this project!