How do I get rid of 50+/- tires?

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires?
You should have made getting rid of the tires a condition of buying the property .

I understand but it was an estate sale, bankruptcy for the owner, disconnected and disinterested power of attorney for the owner, etc. It was really hard to get concessions beyond getting it for 65% of asking price.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #22  
I understand but it was an estate sale, bankruptcy for the owner, disconnected and disinterested power of attorney for the owner, etc. It was really hard to get concessions beyond getting it for 65% of asking price.

That's exactly how I had to pay for deep tests and a BOH approval out of pocket prior to buying my NC property out of an estate. Now you just have to suck it up and shell out for what the seller wouldn't do. Sometimes it works out that way and is still cheaper in the long run.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #23  
illinois state website has quick links to various recyling places, that can or can not accept tires. a quick google search for your state for "tire recycle NJ" should bring up companies that handle tires.

you might try just contacting local auto repair shop. and see if they will take them. (might be a shorter distance between you and were ever)

i would caution trying to cut tires up. they can have "metal bands" in them and when you cut through one, they may wip out and take a finger with them.

there are normally "junkers" that list there selves on "craigslist" for metal, appliances, old cars, etc... you might try contacting some of them, and see what they may charge to take the tires for you and haul them away.

myself have used old tires, to help deal with ugly wash outs. that happen around here on the farm. and use them as a way to try and keep erosion down to a min.

but if you just got a farmstead if following things correctly. a old full size truck, and trailer. would be on the upper todo list. if you do not have cash for them now.... i am not a large fan of tires setting outside were they can collect water in them. (breading ground for bugs) and until you get a old truck and trailer, drill some holes in the tires. so they can not collect water. and stack them some place. preferably some place were other folks can not see. EPA and HOAs and other noisy folks out there....

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #24  
Or you can do what some individual is doing around here and just dump them one at a time down a country road. Remember to be responsible and make sure most of them end up in the ditch. :mad:

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #27  
NJDEP SRWM - SHWP Recycling: In regards to burying the tires, I don;t know if that option is legal in your State, but in several states, that practice is illegal. I do know that it is illegal to bury tires in my State of North Carolina. BTW, best wishes.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #29  
My landfill only charges about a $1 a tire, it varys by size.

/ How do I get rid of 50+/- tires? #30  
My county landfill will take 50 per person living in the county a year. Some states in the south have a tire day were they will pay for the tires. I know the city of Memphis does this 3 times a year to control West Nile. Some land fields have one day a year they take them for free a EPA grant pays for getting rid of them. I'd call around an see if anything like this happens in you area before I paid to have them hauled off.
When I bought my place it had appliances all over it the last owner repaired them for a living. there was about 50-75 here hauled them all to the dump didn't cost me a dime told them I was cleaning up personal property. Had me sign a piece of paper with EPA at top and I was on my way..
But then again our county picks up the household garbage for $7 a month. If you set a old freezer-dishwasher at the road they pick it up to.