Storage Shed Restoration

/ Storage Shed Restoration #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I have a 10x12 storage shed that I am redoing. The one side beam was rottening and I replaced it. The floor joist were originally on 2' centers. I went back and added beams for it to be on 1' centers. I forgot to take pictures of the underside before i let it back down. I have 3 4x4 runners underneath of it. I am going to move it. To get the building up to where I could crawl under it I used the L4240 to pick it up and then supported it with concrete blocks. Here is a picture of me letting it back down.

IMG_20120915_175833.jpg

The tractor had now problem lifting it.

Now I need to get the new site prepped for it. Then move it. I am going to residing it with smart siding I think it is called. It is like t-111 but supposed to be better, It has a 50 year guarantee.

/ Storage Shed Restoration #2  
I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. What's the story on this shed? What was it used for before you tackled it? Has it always been yours?

/ Storage Shed Restoration
Thanks for the reply. It has always been mine. I don't know if I am going to to get a chance to do anything to it this evening, it's raining.

/ Storage Shed Restoration #4  
I will be following your restoration, too. I have a 8 x 12 behind a rental building. Current tennant has no plans to use it. I was thinking about moving it to my house and storing small items from my pole building in it. My previous tennant placed heavy filing cabinets in the building and several of the floor joints failed. I like your idea of placing the floor joists at 12 inches. Do you plan on using joist hangers? None were used on my building. Mind also needs a reroofing and some siding replaced. Enjoy your project!

I will be following your restoration, too. I have a 8 x 12 behind a rental building. Current tennant has no plans to use it. I was thinking about moving it to my house and storing small items from my pole building in it. My previous tennant placed heavy filing cabinets in the building and several of the floor joints failed. I like your idea of placing the floor joists at 12 inches. Do you plan on using joist hangers? None were used on my building. Mind also needs a reroofing and some siding replaced. Enjoy your project!

I used strong ties on the joists.

Here is a picture of the strong ties I used. I will get a picture of the underside when I move it.

007.jpg

I also used their nails for them.

008.jpg

Here are some pictures of the beams I replaced.

009.jpg

010.jpg

I did some clean up on the spot where I was going to put it Saturday but I got to doing some figuring and it would be to close to the property line to meet code. This spot needed cleaned up anyways. Here is a picture of before I started. The shed is now going to be placed in the direction of the arrow.

2.jpg

005.jpg

Moving the trailer

004.jpg

I cut down some trees. Here are some pic of the woods. I have a little more to split and add to the skid. Now I have brush to get rid of, I wish I had a chipper.

011.jpg

012.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of were I am now on the clearing :duh:and now I have a little more work to do since I am not putting the building here. These trees needed to go before the building was put there because that was were I fell them. It is so hard to get anything done to it because it gets dark so early. I will add some more pictures tomorrow.

/ Storage Shed Restoration #7  
I hear ya about it getting dark early. For those of us with day jobs who can only work evenings it makes a HUGE difference.

Here is what it looks like now except I have last piece of wood cut and split.

IMG_20120925_190204.jpg

They spot building is actually going to set has lilac bush that need relocated and a few trees may need to come down. Once I get the trees down I will grade the whole area. I am going to have to rent a stump grinder sometime, maybe in the spring. I want to have a bunch of stumps so I can get my moneys worth.

I hear ya about it getting dark early. For those of us with day jobs who can only work evenings it makes a HUGE difference.

By the time you eat supper there is not much daylight left.

/ Storage Shed Restoration #9  
...By the time you eat supper there is not much daylight left.

And then in November daylight savings time ends and what little light we have had in the evening is gone.

/ Storage Shed Restoration #10  
Nice!!! Two tractors and a JEEP!!!!