Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed #1  

displacedPA

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2310
So I built a 12x16 pole building off of my 12x16 storage shed.
With winter nearing I have been thinking about storing the tractor in the shed not under the pole structure. I do my service work on the tractor in the shed but Im afraid it may have bad effects on the sheds sub structure. The sub structure is 2x8 in 16inch centers and then triple 2x6 as carrier supports. my question is do you guys think its safe to store the tractor in the shed during the winter? This would be bare tractor not FEL or anything. I think 2200lbs or so.

The shed sits on cinder block pilings with footers. also the shed is built on a slope. not sure that matters or not.

I'm wanting to build a garage but not sure ill get it done before winter sets in.

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed #2  
My 2920 is about 2000 lbs with an FEL, so the 2320 is certainly not 2200 lbs without one. I bet it's more like 1200-1300 lbs or so.

I used to work for a shed building company many years ago, and the heavy duty sheds with 2x8 flooring were quite capable. Though I'd rather if you said 12" spacing instead of 16". What about the decking -- is it 3/4" T&G plywood? If you're concerned, you can always add another layer of 3/4" plywood with the sheets running 90 deg to the originals. That will beef up the floor quite a bit.

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed #3  
I'm not exactly sure what your floor structure looks like, but you don't seem to have any concerns. A single 2x8 with a 12 foot span is rated for at least 750 lbs in distributed load. Since your tractor weight will be distributed over at least 3 or 4 floor joists in the worst case, you have well over 2000 lb capacity without considering the weight distribution to adjacent joists through the decking. No worries as long as the flooring is in good shape.

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed #4  
By the way, just checked and B2320 bare weight is listed about 1450 lbs.

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed
My 2920 is about 2000 lbs with an FEL, so the 2320 is certainly not 2200 lbs without one. I bet it's more like 1200-1300 lbs or so.

I used to work for a shed building company many years ago, and the heavy duty sheds with 2x8 flooring were quite capable. Though I'd rather if you said 12" spacing instead of 16". What about the decking -- is it 3/4" T&G plywood? If you're concerned, you can always add another layer of 3/4" plywood with the sheets running 90 deg to the originals. That will beef up the floor quite a bit.

correction 2x6s on 16 centers. hmm wonder if that will still be enough. I dont think its 3/4 either. i would prob. have to lay down 3/4 to be on the safe side.

/ Kubota B2320 Tractor storage in shed #6  
2x6 should still be fine, especially with a couple layers of plywood on top.