Steps for painting tractor

/ Steps for painting tractor #11  
Looks great!

/ Steps for painting tractor #12  
That is a very nice paint job. Those Fords are beauties when painted up. I like how you took the time to disassemble and paint everything right.

/ Steps for painting tractor #13  
Great job !!!!

/ Steps for painting tractor #14  
That's a fantastic looking job you did there...I love my Deere, but there really is nothing quite like brand spanking new Ford blue. VERY NICE!!!

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Steps for painting tractor #15  
Back in 2012 when you posted it looks like you didn't get any input on how to prep. Sorry about that. Do you mind telling how you went about it?

/ Steps for painting tractor #16  
Very nice! That paint job looks fantastic!

/ Steps for painting tractor #17  
Impressive restoration job -- now its time to put it to work again!

/ Steps for painting tractor
Back in 2012 when you posted it looks like you didn't get any input on how to prep. Sorry about that. Do you mind telling how you went about it?

No worries I just kept reading up on stuff from different forums till I felt comfortable with which route to take. It came down to wanting a very adhesive paint and one that would last a long time while still looking nice. A friend of mine did all the work I just did the research to help him get started. He basically took everything apart and cleaned using a degreaser, sanded where needed cleaned again and again till it was right. Then proceeded with primer etc per PPG's directions. Sheet metal and wheels were sand blasted and prepped. He actually had a friend thats into auto body work and paint do all the sheet metal so it was a group effort. The kicker though to the entire deal is that both guys took a personal interest in the project to make it as perfect as possible so i cant say enough about their efforts. I know a great deal about correct paint colors, and specifics of these tractors right down to the correct colored zinc coated wheel bolts etc so was responsible for these type details. I have collected tons of literature, manuals, original brochures etc which helped greatly. So it was definitely a group effort.

Last edited:
   / Steps for painting tractor #19  
We could all use friends like that. I would say that that it looks better than new. Congratulations!

/ Steps for painting tractor
Here are the paints and color numbers. Ford tractor blue and gray

image-3030458058.jpg

image-2585384313.jpg