New Home Heating Ideas

/ New Home Heating Ideas #81  
Hi there I would like to know how did you end up with your heating bills at your new place,did you find some cheap solution and if yes how cheap and if you give me a bit more accurate informations about your place[square meters] I might have an elegant solution for you cheaper then grid gas,low cost[few hundreds of pounds],low maintenance and hassle free as far as it can be.forget the wood boiler you gotta go out in winter et your wood,keep it dry,work cost money[15-20min a day is a 2.5 hour a week who gonna pay for it and how you going to put price onto it]Geo thermal and all these new techs are not tested long term therefore it is a big questionmark,friend of me has built himself a new house in Norway paid about 15000 pounds for air to air heat condenser or what is it where it was a top of the range 6 years ago,manufacturer claim it have a same fuel consumption like a fridge and it will generate 80 centigrades of hot water for household and central heating,I have spoke with him last week and he using burning wood to heat up the house it was too awkward to ask him why but it is pretty obvious that the new technology is not so briliant.be good gotta run,will be back

/ New Home Heating Ideas #82  
My understanding of air to air heat condensers is that they are just air to air heat pumps with a new salesperson. Geothermal has been around our area for 30 years, getting better all the time as new compressors come on the market. I love ours but with the added insulation (50 yr old house) and the fireplace insert, it doesn't run long enough to produce much warm water....

/ New Home Heating Ideas #84  
If you can afford it, ICF is a great way to build a home. As for geothermal, I like the idea but am not sold. Out this way, they are asking $30-40k installed and that is a long pay-back considering things. I have $0 propane bills other than rental for the tank as I heat with wood in a masonry heater. It heats the home completely and we built with SIPs as I considered ICF however cost was higher than I wanted to budget plus we have a habit of selling our homes every 5 years and moving. If I was to do it all over again, I would still build with SIPs as I was able to do all the rough framing myself with my brother however I think I would like to build it on Vancouver Island overlooking a good salmon pool.