Electrical Panel

/ Electrical Panel #21  
Why isn't Google a verb? :confused3:

/ Electrical Panel #22  
Do what's already been proposed. Stop by your local home supply store, get a step drill bit and a few cable clamps and be done with it. Not that hard to do, even if the panel is hot. Why take a chance in Codes failing it. There are usually two inspections. A rough in and final.

/ Electrical Panel
The problem with drilling new holes is the way the panel is mounted it is outside inside a box and the wires come in thru the bottom from the back and there is no access to drill anywhere else unless the panel was removed..

/ Electrical Panel #24  
Do you have other knockouts with only one cable in them? If so you can use of of them. Otherwise get a 3/4" hole saw (make sure it's for metal or you will burn it out first time) and a romex connector and you're good to go. I'd shut the main when drilling just in case you pop through to far and clip a wire. Not a good feeling.

/ Electrical Panel #25  
B7510HSD said:
Can you have more than one wire running thru the same hole/clamp in the panel?? I need to run 3 more circuits and don't have any knock outs left..[/QUOTE
Everyone here with suggestions is speculating just as I am. With a picture of the box and the wiring. One can only make general suggestions as what we would do in your shoes. Post a few pictures to clear the air.

/ Electrical Panel #26  
It depends on your local building code. I'm a 3rd gen electrician and I have been running two wires through a single knockout for years w/o any issues with code or inspections. If you have 3 existing knockouts with a single 14/2 or 12/2 wire (which are most common), you can use them. The inspector would probably be more concerned if the cables you run aren't stapled down within 6" of the entry to the panel. I agree with the Kid, a picture is worth a thousand words.

/ Electrical Panel
Thanks Guys I won't be back down at the place until my brother has the isnpection we just went ahead and put the circuits in with another wire and clamped them back down we will see what happens...We now have three holes with 2 wires each and we hooked all wires up except for the hot wires..and have the
Arc fault circuits plugged in...:)

/ Electrical Panel
Good news we passed our rough in inspection and were able to get all the insulation in and hook up all the outlets and light..now we can move on to the sheet rock OH BOY!!! Thanks for all your help on this!!

/ Electrical Panel
Well we finally had the time to finish the roughing in the dry wall and covering all the electrical and we passed the final yesterday!!!! Thanks for all the help guys..We were able to run 2 12/2 thru one clamp in the panel no problem...Only thing we had to fix was we weren't aware of the tamper resistant outlets being required!!! Happy Holidays!