Electrical Panel

/ Electrical Panel #31  
those tamper resistant receptacles SUCK. were forced to use them. After a few months, they seem to work ok. but alot of times the inspector isnt even able to plug his tester into them during inspections.

/ Electrical Panel #32  
Yes I think something like 46 out of 50 states have adopted the Tamper resistant outlets for new construction.
Isn't it simply amusing how things have changed over the years make me wonder how we ever survived having knob & tube wiring often with bare conductors or at best cotton thread insulation I used to work in a factory that had a single 1000 amp circuit of 4 bar copper buss bar electrical system Bare exposed conductors carrying 3 phase 600 volts through out the building barely high enough that you could not reach up and touch it. Just clip on your machine or transformer where ever needed

/ Electrical Panel #33  
Frank Surber said:
Yes I think something like 46 out of 50 states have adopted the Tamper resistant outlets for new construction.
Isn't it simply amusing how things have changed over the years make me wonder how we ever survived having knob & tube wiring often with bare conductors or at best cotton thread insulation I used to work in a factory that had a single 1000 amp circuit of 4 bar copper buss bar electrical system Bare exposed conductors carrying 3 phase 600 volts through out the building barely high enough that you could not reach up and touch it. Just clip on your machine or transformer where ever needed

Yep, all you hear about is the "safety", but the reality is "follow the money".

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Electrical Panel #34  
yup, kids now days are protected from everything........ germs, electricity, whatever. when they grow up they will never know about the dangers of electricity cause they have never received a shock before. they will never have been subjected to germs (sanitize soap everything) so they will constantly be sick from never building up any immunity, etc.

i pity the 21st century. all i ever wanted in this 21st century were the levitation boots and flying cars that i was promised as a kid.

/ Electrical Panel #35  
you mean you can not stick hair pins in to the out lets any more, they will brand your fingers in a hurry, or that is what I have been told,
seems to me there were some erector kit parts that would glow as well,

/ Electrical Panel #36  
Well, we must be doing something right:
hpf_0105_f01.jpg

/ Electrical Panel #37  
All the many millions of for our own good safeties have done is remove the prospect of natural selection from helping control the population
you either have enough common sense to refrain from using a Hair dryer in the bath tub or to secure any wall outlets in a manor that prevents your children from being able to play with them or you don't
As for preventing fires in the home one easy way to reduce this, is don't build stick houses.

/ Electrical Panel #39  
I got the chart here: NAHB: Fire Death Rates In Newer Homes . They cite their sources, the National Center for Health Statistics. You can get the raw data here: Multiple Cause of Death Data on CDC WONDER.

If you do a google image search for "residential fire deaths graph" you'll get a bunch of graphs. There is no doubt that residential fires have declined dramatically since the adoption of modern building codes after World War II.

/ Electrical Panel #40  
I got the chart here: NAHB: Fire Death Rates In Newer Homes . They cite their sources, the National Center for Health Statistics. You can get the raw data here: Multiple Cause of Death Data on CDC WONDER.

If you do a google image search for "residential fire deaths graph" you'll get a bunch of graphs. There is no doubt that residential fires have declined dramatically since the adoption of modern building codes after World War II.