Tractor / Storage Shed

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #1  

msb1766

Platinum Member
Tractor
SC2450 Cub Cadet/Yanmar
Here i are the the begining pictures of a new shed: IMG_0495.JPGIMG_0496.JPGIMG_0498.JPGIMG_0501.JPGIMG_0502.JPGIMG_0506.JPG

Framing starts tomorrow will post pictures.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #2  
I never get tired of these threads and the ideas they help generate for me as I'm planning to do one soon. Will look forward to more from you. Thanks.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #3  
Broom finish? I don't see any J-bolts, are you going to use drilled anchors, powerset nails, or something else to attach your sills?

/ Tractor / Storage Shed
Went with the broom finish because the day we did the concrete the leaves we comming down like crazy. The broom really took care of the leaves.
Going to use Tapcon screws for the sills.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #5  
What size is it going to be?

/ Tractor / Storage Shed
I should have put that in the first post sorry.
It will be 16' wide 24' deep. with a 8' x 9' overhead door. The overhead door will be offset the the left so I can use one side for storage of
attachments and the other side for the tractor, that way I can pull the tractor in and out anything in the way.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #7  
Going to be very similar to what I want to build at least lay-out wise. If we build less than 400 ft/2, you do not need to pull a permit. I want to do a 9' inside height on 1st floor with a gambrel roof design for additional 2nd story storage. Want one door to the left side to pull tractor in and out of with storage space and a man door to the right side.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #8  
Went with the broom finish because the day we did the concrete the leaves we comming down like crazy. The broom really took care of the leaves.
Going to use Tapcon screws for the sills.

msb1776,

Looks good and I am excited to follow. Are you planning on insulating? Electric?

I am not trying to snipe and don't want to start a war ;) , but you mention using Tapcons for attaching the sill. Most likely they will be fine and I am sure lots of people have successfully used them in that application, but I do not think they are rated to be used to anchor an exterior wall (at least a quick google search did not find anyone recommending them). I do know they have a recommended of offset from the edge of 2-3 inches to prevent the concrete from cracking which may give you a problem with a normal 2 x 4 sill.

I have used retrofit bolts (galvanized threaded rod) and concrete epoxy in the exact same situation. Almost the same amount of work as the tapcons.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed #9  
I would choose 5/8 or 3/4" Hilti kwik bolt 3 or equal over tapcon screws for this application. You mentioned framing starting the next day. Concrete is still pretty green at 24 hours old. If it were me i would wait a few days, and since you need to install anchors after the pour maybe a week before drilling close to the slab edge.

/ Tractor / Storage Shed
It will have electric just a few outlets, one near the tractor blck heater, and a few lights.
The concerte was poured thursday so it will be 7 days old by the time we start to frame. I got a box of tapcon screws(75) 1/4" by 3" long, we plan on putting
them every few feet. But now that you mention it I might go get some bigger anchor bolts to be on the safe side.