Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #1  

bobm6996

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab, Mahindra 2615 Gear, Scag Tiger Cat 48", Gravely 42" ZTR, EZ GO Gas Golf Cart
Everything has been approved and just waiting on the closing of our purchase of 14 acres not far from current home. Moving up from 4 ac. to 14 ac., getting very excited. Old farmhouse that needs a lot of work, probably going to eventually tear it down and build a new one in the next 12-24 months. Has a barn that needs some TLC, but can be fixed up pretty nice.

Wife and I want to get horses again, she had them when we first got married 22 years ago, but had to downsize for a few years so they were sold. Enough tillable ground we can grow our own hay and hopefully sell to horse friends what we don't need.

Short-term plans: Clean fence rows and repair/replace where needed, start cleanup and repairs to existing barn and add to the existing driveway (too narrrow for my liking coming off the road). Beans on the property right now, but plan to seed it in alfalfa/timothy as soon as weather allows. Take a lot of beer, couple cigars and the wife on a nice day and go sit on the property for a day and start planning how everything will be laid out.

Long-term plans: Horses as stated, get existing property sold next year (already have a commitment to buy in 2013), start planning for a house, maybe get a calf or two for our own beef, plan for a small farm pond that can be stocked.

Sit back down with the beer and cigars to think some more. Will post progress and pictures when possible as we move forward to plan/create our final destination and retirement place.

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #2  
Been there and know how you feel!
14 years ago when I bought my property it was a cash sale but it still took them a month for the closing.
I had 6months to a year's worth of work that needed doing and I had to wait on the suits to play their games!
But then after closing I was going in 10 different directions trying to get it all done! And I had a job that tied up 11 hours a day 5 days a week.

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase
Yep, the next year is going to be very busy and sadly I have not found a way to retire quite yet, so will be working during this time. I work from home so that takes the commute time out each day, which will give more time to work during the week. We have been in our current location for over 20 years, so starting all over again is a bit overwhelming but will be worth it in the end.

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #4  
Congrats and good call on dozing the old Farm house...most are an endless pit of money and sweat. I have several friends that have done it and still regret it years later. Are you going to stick build or Log?

I don't have expensive tastes, so I got through my 18 month house build with High Life and Sosa Maduro Churchills & Fuente Curly Heads. I buy my cigars here:
Sosa Churchill Maduro Cigars - BestCigarPrices.com

Don't forget some pictures eh?

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #5  
Congrats and best wishes in your future plans.

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #6  
Bob,
I know you are excited. Congrats. We built and moved into our final (hopefully) home a year and a half ago. After living in a camper for over a decade, it was really nice to finally feel settled. But it has been 3 years of lots of hard work. We are finally at a point where things are getting back to a even keel. Last Sunday afternoon I just sat on our newly finished back porch and relaxed.

IMG_3511.JPG

Obed

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #9  
Congratulations, It is another adventure I am sure. Take your time (the joy is in the journey) and plan the drainage, it is the basis for a happy farm.

Raider,

/ Got Approval Today on 14 ac Property Purchase #10  
Congrats and good luck.