Concrete floor cost

/ Concrete floor cost #1  

grofarms

Could any one give a rough estimation of the cost a 60 x 60 six inch thick concrete floor? I'm thinking about starting to set up a shop in one of my farm buildings and am wounding how costly it might be just for the floor. I currently have millings in there right now but i'm not a big fan of using it as a shop floor.

/ Concrete floor cost #2  
Depends on the price in your area obviously but for example.....

You would need 67 yards of concrete.

Concrete in my area right now is about $130/yd last I knew so that would be $8710. This of course assuming you had free labor and doesn't include lumber for forms.

/ Concrete floor cost #3  
This includes concrete slab only, no footings. The formula is lngth (60feet)x width (60feet) x depth (6 inches or .50 feet) = sum divided by 27 (27 cubic feet in one cubic yard of concrete). So 60x60x.50 divided by 27= 66.66667 Yards of concrete. Multiply this by the price per yard delivered by your local plant, add tax and you have your answer. Again this is for the slab only. Support footings will have to be placed and steel rebar or other reinforcing steel will need to be added according to your codes or location. That will be one thick slab. have these figures double and tripple checked. The concrete plant will figure it for free, at least here they will. also I am somewhat superstitious and there are a lot of 6's in there. You will more than likely have to order in whole yards anyway.

Plan carefully that is a lot of backbreaking work.

/ Concrete floor cost #4  
Why 6" on the floor? Four inches of 3500 lb with fiber over a good solid base would hold up pretty much anything. Just add a few extra inches at the apron and also you might want to use rebar rather than mesh if you are going to be driving real heavy stuff on it.....over 10 or12,000 lbs or so. Once it's down cut plenty of lines for crack control then seal it and forget it.

I just did a 27 yard pour here in VA and the concrete cost me under $3,000.00 and the finishers charged me $2,500.00. I had another $500.00 in rebar and poly and I did that myself that $500 was just materials.

/ Concrete floor cost #5  
I just poured a 16' X 24' pad with a 10" footing and brought in 8.5 yards of 4000 psi concrete with fiber for $93.50 per yard. I am near Albany NY.

/ Concrete floor cost #6  
I did a bunch of concrete this year. We paid $100 per yard for the concrete. I did all the prep and supplied the wire. My finisher charged me $0.65 per sq ft to pour and finish only.

You would need 67 yards. Thats $6700.
You would need about $1000 in other materials.
You would also need to pay about $2500 in labor.

You are looking around $10000 total give or take.

Chris

/ Concrete floor cost #7  
$100 per yard is about the norm around me as well. Rough figure is double that if you hire it done start to finish. So probabally in the 12-13k range "turn-key"

If you do it yourself, you are going to need about 6 or 7 helpers. 67 yards is ALOT. And if this is in an existing building, the trucks usually only have about 20' of chutes. So you are going to be moving the concrete another 40' by hand. You also need wire or re-bar, grade-stakes and a transit to set elevation, rented tools like a power screed and power trowel. Then a saw to come back and cut it when done.

So you might save 3k or so to do it yourself, but that 3k is going to require ALOT of work and some GOOD friends to help.

/ Concrete floor cost #8  
$100 per yard is about the norm around me as well. Rough figure is double that if you hire it done start to finish. So probabally in the 12-13k range "turn-key"

If you do it yourself, you are going to need about 6 or 7 helpers. 67 yards is ALOT. And if this is in an existing building, the trucks usually only have about 20' of chutes. So you are going to be moving the concrete another 40' by hand. You also need wire or re-bar, grade-stakes and a transit to set elevation, rented tools like a power screed and power trowel. Then a saw to come back and cut it when done.

So you might save 3k or so to do it yourself, but that 3k is going to require ALOT of work and some GOOD friends to help.

Hey LD1.....This has got nothing to do with concrete but I see you are from Ohio and was wondering what the political atmosphere is like up your way. Ohio is a very important state for the two that are trying to get the job as president. I don't know what your political leanings are and wont ask but was wondering about who might get the prize up your way?

Intermission is over....This hyjack attempt is complete, now back to the regular scheduled thread.LOL

/ Concrete floor cost #9  
Hey LD1.....This has got nothing to do with concrete but I see you are from Ohio and was wondering what the political atmosphere is like up your way. Ohio is a very important state for the two that are trying to get the job as president. I don't know what your political leanings are and wont ask but was wondering about who might get the prize up your way?
.LOL

The two idiots must be spending at least a million an hour advertising in Ohio, absolutley relentless and irritating.

/ Concrete floor cost #10  
Hard to say really. At work, we have a union. And I know what they are pushing. And thats not how I am voting:banghead: Most of the guys I hang with (us rural hillbilly types) certainly arent on the ***** train. 9 out of 10 people I talk to on a regular basis are republican.
Time will tell. Its getting interesting though