Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4210 FEL BH
No rake needed!

286369d1351302740-home-woods-img_3487.jpg

286370d1351302744-home-woods-img_3488.jpg

286371d1351302749-home-woods-img_3489.jpg

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #3  
And if you dont have woods to blow them in, just keep mowing in circles till its in one big pile.

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #4  
i start in the middle and blow out toward wood line.keep going in a circle and blow toward the outside.

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves
   / Best Way to Rake Leaves
And if you dont have woods to blow them in, just keep mowing in circles till its in one big pile.
That's basically the way I did the leaves at my previous house. I would blow the leaves into windrows and then pile them into the bed of my truck. I would dump them into a compost pile in a back corner of the yard. Now that we live in the woods, I can skip the second step and just blow the leaves into the woods. I don't ever have to get off the mower.
Obed

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #7  
I didn't mulch them. I just blew them out into the woods.
Obed

Actually you are mulching some of the leaves as you mow them and that is great for your grass. It improves the soil and fertilizes the grass all at the same time. You are multitasking without getting off the mower. Its great. Rick

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #8  
I started doing this exact same thing this year. I bought a Toro push mower, it is the personal pace recycler model and mulches very well. I've "mowed" my lawn 3 times so far since the leaves started falling, I walk very slow with the mower and it mulches the leaves up to small bits. The lawn looks great when I'm done and it's supposedly good for the lawn. Best thing is, I don't have to touch that darned rake anymore!

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #9  
Back when I lived in the city and used a push mower with mulching blade to mow with, I used it with a bagger to gather the leaves. It mulched them down pretty good, then put them in the bag. I dumped the bag into the wifes flower bed and around bushes for mulch. Good for the plants and keep in the moisture and kept down the weeds and grass.
Now I just let them blow around all winter, dont have many trees that shed leaves, and in spring, they all get mulched up what isnt blown into the next county.

/ Best Way to Rake Leaves #10  
I like to mow/chop leaves into the bagger attachment on the rear of the riding mower. Then I drive to various natural areas I have in the yard where I dump them out for mulch. I never have to buy mulch. Other times I use the riding mower as a mulcher and blow the chopped leaves toward one area of the yard to either be gotten up later or use the mower to blow in one direction into the natural areas and edges. Sometimes I can drive in circles to make a big center pile (CLOCKWISE - deck discharges to the right) or outside piles around the edges of the yard (COUNTER CLOCKWISE), and sometimes I have to drive forward and backward to blow them to one side of the yard. I’m thinking about making a shoot/tube to attach from the mower deck to blow the leaves into my little garden trailer which would hold a lot more leaves than my rear bagger does.