Getting Ready For Winter.

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #1  

Gale Hawkins

Super Star Member
Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
Bush hogged the place today and got it off for the winter. That was an easy task thanks to Pat's easy hitch. Then we got the box blade on with two clicks and one pin. :D

We finished putting the skin back on that we removed to remove, clean and recondition the 4DLT battery on the 265 MF and covered it with a new HF silver tarp since the old one was leaking bad. Also moved the JD 310 BH up to the house and are reconditioning the battery on it with the B&D/Vecter charger in Desulf Mode.

The kids raked/blew the leaves into the woods then mowed/trimmer the lawn since we expect a killing frost tonight.

We have made good progress getting ready for winter which should ready start in about one month.

Now that it is cooler we will start sawing, piling and burning a lot of trees we dug up with the BH and pushed out last spring. For the most part dirt work will wait until it is dryer.

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #2  
The porch is loaded with wood with ample back-up around the carport. The wife’s Subaru and my truck have good tires. Gutters are cleaned out. The generator was run dry after the last use and I have (2) 5 gallon cans of gasoline. Tomorrow I'm going to remove the mower deck, change the oil, and put the FEL and ballast box on.

IMG_0012.jpg

/ Getting Ready For Winter.
Seeing all that look makes me a little sad we went all electric about once a month. :(

We woke to frost this morning that lasted in the shade until 8 am so mowing should be finished for the year unless to clip some wild onions.

Are you high enough to be expecting any of the forecast snow?

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #4  
Guess I still have a month or two before I have to worry about Winter. It doesn't really take me very long to get ready for those two weeks, but I'm sure I will have to do something.

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #5  
Snowing here now, but we're under 2,000' so we shouldn't get hit too hard.

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #6  
Fast forward a couple days to this afternoon, a pic on the other side of the garage. Power's out but the generator is plugged in. October is kinda early for snow here.

IMG_0013.jpg

Beautifully. Good think you had the wood and juice maker ready and fueled.

Did you get the tractor ready to plow? :)

From the way they are talking it should all melt soon perhaps.

/ Getting Ready For Winter. #8  
Thanks, Gale. I must admit I did not get the tractor ready. I've been playing with our new Polaris Ranger when I should have been been servicing the tractor (and the 4-wheelers) for winter. Then I had to get the generator going. But you're right this snow should be gone soon, I'll just wait for nicer weather so I can work under better light with the garage door open. Meanwhile the Ranger "needs" broken it some more!:D

Hey you are a man with toooooo many toooys. :)